kayumanggi

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY | Nov 2 2018 | Fox | Rami Malek | Queen biopic | Bryan Singer fired | Kindly avoid libeling anyone in this thread

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the tensions on this movie started when fox vetoed bryan singer's choice to have freddie mercury be played by some random 19 year old boyband reject twink.

I knew it was up when he got some random kid off Eastenders as one of the x men and gave him no lines because the boy couldn't act.

I ain't seen that boy since. 

Looks like he's also gonna be in this movie though...

• Disbelief 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

I wonder if they'll get Dexter Fletcher who originally going to direct before they got Singer? He directed Eddie the Eagle so he's done a biopic before

i think he quit exactly because of the demands of the living members of queen and how lame and sanitized they wanted this movie to be. doubt they've softened their position. 

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think he quit exactly because of the demands of the living members of queen and how lame and sanitized they wanted this movie to be. doubt they've softened their position. 

That's what I hate about biopics. Same shit happened when Scorsese wanted to make that movie on Sinatra, but his family didn't want him to go into his mob ties. They were afraid it would've painted a bad picture of Frank, despite everybody and their mothers knowing the stories about Sinatra and the mob. 

Edited by MrGamer2558
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

He's gonna become the next Steven Summers. 

He'll disappear but put out a couple million dollar indie genre movie in 6 years then do nothing for another 5 while Directing commercials in Eastern Europe. 

I actually wondered the other day what happened to Summers. After the first G.I Joe he just vanished.

• Like 1

Fox is giving Snger's Truancy as one of the reasons he was fired.

No doubt, but I have a feeling it was not the dealbreaker.......

Does anybody know how deep into filming they are? I read it was nearing completion of p rincipal photography, but still, the new director, even if he just has a couple of weeks of shooting, is going to have big impact on the film in post production.

6 minutes ago, MrGamer2558 said:

That's what I hate about biopics. Same shit happened when Scorsese wanted to make that movie on Sinatra, but his family didn't want him to go into his mob ties. They were afraid it would've painted a bad picture of Frank, despite everybody and their mothers knowing the stories about Sinatra and the mob. 

Everybody knows where Mario Puzo and Francis Coppola got the "Your brains or your signature on the contract release" story in "The Godfather" came from.

Scorsese needed the Sinatra family cooperation because of the music. You could on paper do a Sinatra Biopic without permission to use his music, but it would be almost an impossible job.

• Like 3

I don't have much time for  biopics anyway. To pretend that years after his death some random people would be the authority to tell his life story is crazy.

I watched American Made recently and it was surprisingly fun, but in no way i thought the story was the truth. i viewed it as a piece of fiction

Edited by Alli

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

A Queen song seems so appropriate here..and we all know which one....

Pressure pushing down on me
Pressing down on you no man ask for
Under pressure that brings a building down
Splits a family in two
Puts people on streets