kayumanggi

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY | Nov 2 2018 | Fox | Rami Malek | Queen biopic | Bryan Singer fired | Kindly avoid libeling anyone in this thread

20 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

lol and trying to pivot the blame to malek as well. won't be long before goffe gets into the "look how big of a deal are these accusations anyway?"/"who cares about the psychological effects of his alleged actions and the wider systemic issues his continued success represents when we have days of future past!" portion.

can't go full defensive mode now, not after this post.

bummer.

Edited by Goffe

8 minutes ago, Goffe said:

can't go full defensive mode now, not after this post.

bummer.

i'm disappointed too. i'm sure it was a good defense. charts and graphs showing us scientifically how many sexual assault allegation passes someone could get from making Valkyrie.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Singer's statement

“With fewer than three weeks to shoot remaining, I asked Fox for some time off so I could return to the U.S. to deal with pressing health matters concerning one of my parents. This was a very taxing experience, which ultimately took a serious toll on my own health.  Unfortunately, the studio was unwilling to accommodate me and terminated my services.  This was not my decision and it was beyond my control,” Singer said in the statement. “Rumors that my unexpected departure from the film was sparked by a dispute I had with Rami Malek are not true.  While, at times, we did have creative differences on set, Rami and I successfully put those differences behind us and continued to work on the film together until just prior to Thanksgiving.  I wanted nothing more than to be able to finish this project and help honor the legacy of Freddie Mercury and Queen, but Fox would not permit me to do so because I needed to temporarily put my health, and the health of my loved ones, first.”

17 minutes ago, Chewy said:

All sorts of stories about Singer abusing the hell out of PAs out there, surprised a big Singer fan like Goffe would be surprised by a tantrum

Didn’t know about the bolded part.

Does that make me a bad Singer fan? 🤔

I would wonder about the reason he isn't directing Dark Phoenix if this one weren't a FOX movie as well. Plus he's heavily involved with the X-Men TV shows still.

On 12/2/2017 at 12:12 AM, ZattMurdock said:

Bryan Singer can fuck off 

Wasn't the first episode of The Gifted directed by him? If I recall correctly you sounded quite blown away by it.

31 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Singer's statement

Well, he would say that, wouldn't he? I wonder if when we'll find out the true story.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

If you didn't know about that, here's more for you: A Detailed Look at Bryan Singer's Parties and Friends and Accusations Against Him.

I wasn't even talking about the sex abuse there. Lots of accounts of Singer losing his shit and screaming in crew members' faces over the years.

11 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

If you didn't know about that, here's more for you: A Detailed Look at Bryan Singer's Parties and Friends and Accusations Against Him.

I thought Chewy meant abusive (as in a prick) to production assistants. nvm then.

Edited by Goffe
yep, just saw his post above