Walt Disney

Highest grossing 2017 Superhero Film -Voting ends March 2, 2017

Superhero showdown 2017- highest domestic grossing superhero film  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2017 Superhero film will have the highest domestic gross?

• Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    • Justice League
    • Wonder Woman
    • Spider-Man: Homecoming
    • Thor: Ragnarok
    • The Lego Batman Movie
    • Logan (Wolverine 3)

2017 is scheduled to be a competitive year at the box office between superhero films. So vote for which film you believe will be the highest domestic grossing superhero movie at the box office. Voting closes on March 2, 2017, when Logan is released.

I have made the votes public so that we know who votes for which film. That way no one can vote after all the superhero movies are released and the winner is clear (and yes, that did happen with a lot of voters in 2014).

• Community Manager

Okay so this was originally locked because we generally don't allow threads comparing superhero movies between the two major companies (Marvel and DC) outside of the Marvel vs. DC thread. We're opening this up as an experiment. If this devolves into Marvel vs. DC, the thread will be locked again and we'll keep the ban going into 2017.

On Friday, November 11, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Treecraft said:

Guardians of the Galaxy 2, it's not even going to be close. Why is this a club?

Because I made it a club. If it offends you, then you can find another club or thread that is more to your liking.

Edited by Walt Disney

It's gonna be Lego Batman.

GotG holds mostly flat from its first installment, hitting 350 or so. Spider-Man: Homecoming suffers a bit from the Batman Begins effect and does around 300. Justice League has the biggest opening yet for the DCEU but suffers from the same bad legs as the others in the franchise.

Lego Batman brings in both the kids and the geeks to take in over 450M and take the Silver for 2017's overall box office race.

GotG is my favorite MCU and one of my favorite movies. Obviously I'm rooting for GotGv2 to be just as awsome and take the crown.

I actually think it has a good shot though - Thor may be great but I think every MCU movie that requires you to see most previous installmants has a ceiling now. GotG being basically a standalone within the MCU is an advantage at this point. 

Spidey, I think will suffer due to it being the Sixth Spidey movie in 15 years. Some of the audience knows it's back in Marvel's hands now and that it's gonna be a fresh take, but a lot of people don't make that distinction.

The only other contender, I think, would be Justice League, but I'm just at a point where I don't have faith in the DCU.

Lego Batman I see doing Lego Movie numbers if it's as good. As of now the trailers haven't convinced me it's up to par with the Lego Movie though.

7 hours ago, Ray G said:

It's gonna be Lego Batman.

GotG holds mostly flat from its first installment, hitting 350 or so. Spider-Man: Homecoming suffers a bit from the Batman Begins effect and does around 300. Justice League has the biggest opening yet for the DCEU but suffers from the same bad legs as the others in the franchise.

Lego Batman brings in both the kids and the geeks to take in over 450M and take the Silver for 2017's overall box office race.

While GoTG2 will be bigger, Lego Batman will be huge (Over $350M).