kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

Youtube: 

Deadpool 3 - 1 day (1.2M likes, 23M views)

Joker 2 - 13 days (900k likes, 31M views)

GOTG 3 - 1 year (800k likes, 34M views)

MoM - 2 years (2.1M likes, 64M views) 

Quantumania - 1 year (587k likes, 26M views)

Trailer views and likes doesn't mean much, but I do think it can act as a good indicator for anticipation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Youtube: 

Trailer views and likes doesn't mean much, but I do think it can act as a good indicator for anticipation. 

Biggest OW of the year 

11 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

So what do you think? Will Deadpool & Wolverine be THE R-rated film to top The Passion of the Christ’s $370M DOM-record or will that film still keep it’s record for longer?

imo yes. I think OW will be big enough where it would essentially need bad WOM not to top $370M DOM

2 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Biggest OW of the year 

Either Deadpool or Inside out 2, leaning more towards Deadpool though because of fanrush.  I really think this is the year Disney could have three billion dollar films (Mufasa, Inside out, Deadpool)  

The movies that directly involved the multiverse as part of the main plot*:

Endgame 

No Way Home

Multiverse of Madness

Quantumania 

Shows:

Loki

What If

* I didn't count Far From Home since it isnt actually the Multiverse, The Marvels since it's only at the very very end. Also excluded stuff that has it in miniscule/irrelevant ways (like how Ta Lo in Shang-Chi is technically another dimension, X-Men 97 which is in another universe etc)

4 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I dunno about anyone else but I’m pretty much over what they’ve done with the MCU and I’m just ready for a reboot and/or the X-Men to debut. I keep saying this but I really do think we are going to see some epic flops next year.

Ok next year but not this year 

4 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

We need a number :lol:

My current ballpark expectations are around 165m - 190m OW; so let's say 180m, give or take.

Prob being a little optimistic there, but I think the buzz is real.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

My current ballpark expectations are around 165m - 190m OW; so let's say 180m, give or take.

This is making me realize why my GOTG 3 comparisons were asinine

GOTG 3 did not have a hook like this

12 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

So what do you think? Will Deadpool & Wolverine be THE R-rated film to top The Passion of the Christ’s $370M DOM-record or will that film still keep it’s record for longer?

It will. I don’t see how it could miss it unless the legs are shit. I would be surprised if it makes less than the first Deadpool honestly 

Edited by Justin

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

"DS2 had bad legs" isn't evidence that audiences aren't interested in the multiverse bruh what is this lmao. That just means the movie itself had mixed reception. To test pure hype/interest you gotta look at the OW, a massive 187M and even with all that bad legs it still did 955M WITHOUT China. 90M opening day, literally in the top 10 opening days of all time. 

The Marvel multiverse brought a B-list character to an Avengers level OW, nearly 200M. With good reception DS2 would've been in range of TLJ OW. And this is fucking DOCTOR STRANGE 2 we're talking about, the sequel to a mere 200M domestic total film. And yet it was THAT massive.

It always damn annoys me when a movie had a big OW and then bad legs and then people are like "it's having bad legs that means people are not interested in the movie" like no that's not how it works lmao.

I never said it was evidence of it. All I said was that Doctor Strange had mixed results when it came to how well received the multiverse aspect was. 

46 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

We need a number :lol:

42 minutes ago, Porthos said:

This would also be my range probably with a lower end though ($140M-$190M)

• Like 1

Just now, HummingLemon496 said:

I'm asking about total DOM if this is a nice 90/A

Hide contents

I want that juicy 5 in front of it ;)

$500M+ might be too much even with super strong WOM. $180M OW with a 2.8x IM gets it there but that seems tough with such an inflated OW

1 hour ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Youtube: 

I generally wouldn't compare trailer 1 to trailer 2 (for example you have GOTG3 trailer 1 here, but the second trailer for GOTG3 was much lower). To be fair DP3 YouTube metrics have been stable on YouTube from the first trailer, which happens from time to time usually when the second trailer has more/bigger reveals than the first, although other platforms are down which is also normal. 

Generally speaking (accounting for the fact that YT views are down a bit relative to OWs since 2022) the YT metrics for this trailer seem to put it in a tier in between Thor 4 and DS2 as far as buzz goes. Non-YouTube platforms are very big but I tend to be a little skeptical of views from those since they are really easy to get. 

• Like 5