kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Estimated to have lost 133M

I still think an opening in the 40s is probable. I'd be shocked if it goes as low as Fant4stic.

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Are we looking at a ”Fant4stic”-kind of scenario with this film? 

That film opened at $25M and finished at $56M DOM with over 4,000 theater counts, no less, with shit WOM from both critics & audience alike.

Will the same thing happen here?

If it does, it might manage to drop before Endgame in many theaters:)...but I think your numbers might be a touch too pessimistic:)...

28 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

If it does, it might manage to drop before Endgame in many theaters:)...but I think your numbers might be a touch too pessimistic:)...

True. But then again...some people predicted Fant4stic to do $100M+ DOM or similar numbers to the two other Fantastic Four-films, back in 2015.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, firedeep said:

Simon Kinberg

Alex Kurtzman

Damon Lindelof

Zack Snyder

are four biggest hacker of current Hollywood

You can add  D&D to this

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

You can add  D&D to this

D&D: King of Hacks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shayhiri said:

You people are f*cked up in the brain.

Why would you need MORE of the same? (Future Xmen movies.) The very same-same!!

Tell me, what other story or character in the culture of the world enjoys the privilege of being CONSTANTLY reheated and released again - and again?? Are superheroes the pinnacle of human invention to deserve such honour? No, they are the dumpster - the lowest common denominator. So it is really ironic they get this distinction.

That is one of the main reasons I hate the guts of American superhero comics and consider them indicative for a f*cked up mass psychology. But why should they destroy cinema too??

Stan Lee died. When is SPIDER-MAN going to die??!! I don't want to see Unce Ben die twenty times - I need Spider-man to end.

Why are the idiot critics crying out that Aladdin got remade - and murdered a great new movie just because of that??

WHY you stupid fucks?? Aladdin was made just ONE time before, 30 fucking years ago - and in a totally different animated medium!!

Why, you idiots? Why don't you put out the same questions and malice when you get your SEVENTEENTH Spider-man, or Batman, or Xman - just the same, and all in the span of a decade or two??

Yeah, "the crowd wants that and vote with their $$s". I get that. However the crowd have an average IQ of 90. They don't know any better. They eat what they are served, like pigs. They can hardly manage the physical aspects of their lives, let alone grow some sense of art and purpose. Aren't critics supposed to be better than that? Show them what is right?

Wow man you sound like a jackass and as far as the bolded is concerned, James Bond says hi.

• Like 1

It's... okay? Like expected, it's not great, but perfectly fine, with some good scenes and some not so good, but still watchable, not even close to F4. Terner (surprisingly) and Fassbender (as expected) are good. Zimmer's score is okay, but nothing special, DOFP score was better.

Without MCU shield, at least 1/3 of Fiege's products deserve the same critic reviews as DP. If critics hate it so much, they should hate movies like Cap Marvel as well because they can be critisized for the same reasons and more, but DP is still better because of actors and some good moments. 

P.S. Joker trailer on the big screen is glorious, the best thing on the whole screening.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1
  • Not Cool 2

7 minutes ago, Firepower said:

It's... okay? Like expected, it's not great, but perfectly fine, with some good scenes and some not so good, but still watchable, not even close to F4. Terner (surprisingly) and Fassbender (as expected) are good. Zimmer's score is okay, but nothing special, DOFP score was better.

Without MCU shield, at least 1/3 of Fiege's products deserve the same critic reviews as DP. If critics hate it so much, they should hate movies like Cap Marvel as well because they can be critisized for the same reasons and more, but DP is still better because of actors and some good moments. 

P.S. Joker trailer on the big screen is glorious, the best thing on the whole screening.

This argument is hilarious... the thing about MCU movies is even though some people complain about them being too light/humor-filled, the fact is those movies manage to avoid the cringey unintentionally hilarious moments that films like Dark Phoenix are filled with cause they'll make the joke first and let the audience in on it vs. people in the audience laughing at something that was meant to be serious.

Being cringey and embarrassing tends to get you much harsher reviews. That's the problem with a lot of the bad X-Men films.. they don't know how to write a good scene but they also can't hide it with a few well placed jokes/humor.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sam said:

If they’re repeating the Magneto/Professor X’s [sexual] tension for the umpteenth time in this movie, did they at least finally resolve it with some explicit scene? 

Asking for a friend. @MrPink

giphy.gif

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

You can add  D&D to this

Remove Lindelof and add D&D. Lindelof's Leftovers was like the antithesis of GoT, where it got so much better as soon as they ran out of material to pull from the book.

11 hours ago, TMP said:

The Leftovers season 3 was the best reviewed TV season in all of 2017, but ok.

This 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

This 

Subjectively it's one of my favourite seasons of TV ever. So fucking good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Are we looking at a ”Fant4stic”-kind of scenario with this film? 

That film opened at $25M and finished at $56M DOM with over 4,000 theater counts, no less, with shit WOM from both critics & audience alike.

Will the same thing happen here?

I doubt it. With nuF4 you could really tell from the trailers it was a dud.

I don't wholly see that in the trailers for this. We could break down where we might think things so sideways are all the way south from the trailers but overall it still has the same actors, sets, tone of the series. By and large the series has been successful. If this film can manage $125m domestic I'd say that's good given that so many seem ready to bail on the Fox-men universe post-Disney buyout. I'm with it till the end though and expect to be pleasantly surprised overall Friday night when I see it. 

30 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

This argument is hilarious... the thing about MCU movies is even though some people complain about them being too light/humor-filled, the fact is those movies manage to avoid the cringey unintentionally hilarious moments that films like Dark Phoenix are filled with cause they'll make the joke first and let the audience in on it vs. people in the audience laughing at something that was meant to be serious.

Being cringey and embarrassing tends to get you much harsher reviews. That's the problem with a lot of the bad X-Men films.. they don't know how to write a good scene but they also can't hide it with a few well placed jokes/humor.

Some people critisize MCU movies not only because of "too many jokes/light tone", but because many of MCU movies are generic, soulless, totally forgettable, creatively dead and absolutely the same. I can live with some cringey moments as long as it has some good moments and leaves an impression. But if it's super generic and forgettable piece of crap like Cap Marvel and Son of Tony: Homecoming, it's a waste of time and money. And it's not like some MCU movies didn't have cringey moments.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 2

8 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Some people critisize MCU movies not only because of "too many jokes/light tone", but because many of MCU movies are generic, soulless, totally forgettable, creatively dead and absolutely the same. I can live with some cringey moments as long as it has some good moments and leaves an impression. But if it's super generic and forgettable piece of crap like Cap Marvel and Son of Tony: Homecoming, it's a waste of time and money. And it's not like some MCU movies didn't have cringey moments.

Like when Tony hugged/opened the car door for Peter.

Who would do that just for someone to mistake it as a hug?

12 minutes ago, Firepower said:

MCU hater spotted.

1 minute ago, Heroicpiglet said:

Okay so I just watched the film. It's just... there. Not good, not bad, just bland.

Yeah I think a lot of people may share your opinion, and in my opinion bland is worse bad in box office

17 minutes ago, Firepower said:

LOL most of the reviews for DP are "its bland and forgettable" though. Like at least Venom was a hilarious dumpster fire.

23 minutes ago, TMP said:

Subjectively it's one of my favourite seasons of TV ever. So fucking good.

That series earned Lindelof an exemption in my book(as did Lost)

• Like 3