kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Simon Kinberg to direct | Delayed to June

Fox's X-Men Issues: Jennifer Lawrence Unsigned, 'Deadpool' Defections, 'Gambit' on Hold

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/foxs-x-men-issues-jennifer-lawrence-unsigned-deadpool-defections-gambit-hold-945505

Elsewhere, the reset button has been pressed. Sources say the flagship series will be reconfigured, with Simon Kinberg, overseer of the franchise as producer and writer, working on a new script. Singer, who directed four X-Men movies, will not be returning, according to insiders, but the script is being written with Lawrence, Fassbender and McAvoy optimistically in mind.

If they have Lawrence, McAvoy and Fassbender in mind that is not a reboot lol.

• Like 2

Yes. Give it to me.

(In before the whining about giving it back to Marvel. Not happening. Let it go)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

If they have Lawrence, McAvoy and Fassbender in mind that is not a reboot lol.

I'll be stunned if Lawrence comes back. She clearly checked out of it throughout the most recent movie.

• Like 1

but the script is being written with Lawrence, Fassbender and McAvoy optimistically in mind.

Key word...I'll eat my hat if she comes back.

Just now, filmlover said:

I'll be stunned if Lawrence comes back. She clearly checked out of it throughout the most recent movie.

They'd have to offer her a backend deal...... on Avatar's box office.

"Reboot" written with the old actors in mind? Yeah, that makes no sense.

That whole article looks pretty negatively biased, right from its headlining picture.

Edited by Arlborn

Not really a reboot if they're coming back, but at least the chances of Lawrence returning have gotta be pretty low.

Just now, Orestes said:

Not really a reboot if they're coming back, but at least the chances of Lawrence returning have gotta be pretty low.

If I weren't feeling so lazy right now I'd look up an interview while promoting Apocalypse where she said she'd definitely come back if the other two came as well. Maybe I'll do it later if people keep bringing up this same thing over and over again.

• Like 2

@trifle Do you know the article I'm talking about?

Edit: Oh crap, I thought I was editing my other post but turned out it was a new reply, my bad.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

If I weren't feeling so lazy right now I'd look up an interview while promoting Apocalypse where she said she'd definitely come back if the other two came as well. Maybe I'll do it later if people keep bringing up this same thing over and over again.

I'm also sure we'll get a Green Lantern sequel any day now.

• Like 1

I'm also less than enthused about Kinberg still being attached in a meaningful capacity, but at least Singer doesn't seem to be.

Just now, Orestes said:

A reboot seems more likely than a sequel

1 minute ago, Orestes said:

This comparison is so lazy. She has 3 movies in this franchise already, she loves her two main co-workers in this and Apocalypse didn't bomb.

But sure, I don't know the future and neither do you, let's see what happens. I wouldn't actually be that bummed if she didn't come back, I just find it a tad annoying that people are automatically assuming that she never would.

She has 3 movies because she signed a 3 movie deal before Hunger Games broke out. And all I'm saying with the GL comparison is that they're both instances of marketing talk. Gotta take all that with a decent sized grain of salt.