kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Simon Kinberg to direct | Delayed to June

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Sure, damage control, Sneider is not that kind. 

Again, you don't delay almost finished movie with the released trailer for 16 months, reshooting at least of half of it(!!), if it tested great, you can figure it's a giant bullshit no matter who reported it. All Fox' "body movements" can tell what's really going on with the project.

Edited by Firepower

2 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

International quietly released???  (I like it!!!)

Way better than the trailer we got a couple of days ago 

2 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

International quietly released???  (I like it!!!)

FAR SUPERIOR to the US trailer. 1 billie all but confirmed! 

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:11 PM, JB33 said:

I'm not sure about New Mutants future but I do know it won't be making that August release date. They still need to do reshoots and those reshoots haven't even been scheduled.

I got a felling the reshoots will not happen, period.

IMHO Fox had decided New Mutants to too messed up to be salvageable, and it's time to cut your losses and not throw good money down the tube.

Too bad, I think the project had potential.

3 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Ugh, wish Sansa was a better actress.

Not sure she is a bad actress, but she just might be not right for this role.

I still think the best Dark Phoenix was have seen was Dark Willow in the 6th season of BUffy the Vampire Slayer. Joss Whedon cheerfully admits he swiped the whole "Darth Rosenburg" story line from the "Dark Phoenix storyline;.

(Marvel seems not to have minded so much since they gave Whedon his own X men comic series a couple of years later)l

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I got a felling the reshoots will not happen, period.

IMHO Fox had decided New Mutants to too messed up to be salvageable, and it's time to cut your losses and not throw good money down the tube.

Too bad, I think the project had potential.

My thoughts exactly. I was very intrigued by the concept. I guess Fox figured it would be too niche to be ultimately what they wanted to be a franchise entry,

I think one problem with the Fox X Men was it became "Wolverine and Friends" and other X Men charecerts never got the screen time they deserved. Kitty Pryde, for instance.

• Like 1

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiet, I was totally uninterested, but that trailer made me care.

Either this is an expertly cut trailer or the movie is unexpectedly good. Where has this trailer been hiding?

19 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiet, I was totally uninterested, but that trailer made me care.

Either this is an expertly cut trailer or the movie is unexpectedly good. Where has this trailer been hiding?

There are film editiors in Hollywood who make a good living because they can make any film look good in a trailer. That is why I tend not to get really excited over a single trailer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Ugh, wish Sansa was a better actress.

But then GoT would be perfect, and nothing should be perfect. 

So these new trailers are basically the proof that this won't hit Netflix (or Hulu or whatever), aren't they?

Now this has to go to theatres, right?

I guess this pushes back the MCU reboot quite a few years but I am fine with that. 

The international DP trailer looks decent but Jessica Chastain is so bland. I will never understand why she keeps getting roles in major blockbusters (that are not directed by Andrés Muschietti). 

• Not Cool 1

We've been saying since last week that the international trailer is far superior. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, EliasChristensen said:

So these new trailers are basically the proof that this won't hit Netflix (or Hulu or whatever), aren't they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB1KTG-O1V0

Edited by Macleod

Why drop 'X-Men' from the title for dom?

12 minutes ago, a2k said:

Why drop 'X-Men' from the title for dom?

Probably a creative decision in response to Logan doing so well critically/financially

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, EliasChristensen said:

I guess this pushes back the MCU reboot quite a few years but I am fine with that. 

The international DP trailer looks decent but Jessica Chastain is so bland. I will never understand why she keeps getting roles in major blockbusters (that are not directed by Andrés Muschietti). 

Yeah, it going to theaters.

Now New Mutants is another story.

And I don

t see why the hell this going to the theaters will put the MCU X Men reboot back. Did not take them long to reboot Spidey after the deal with SONY.

And if you want to criticize Jessica CHastaine for specific performances is fine,but calling her bland is, well, just plain wrong.

IMHO she got cheated last year out of at least a Oscar Nomination for "Molly's Game".

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, dudalb said:

I think one problem with the Fox X Men was it became "Wolverine and Friends" and other X Men charecerts never got the screen time they deserved. Kitty Pryde, for instance.

I thought the problem with the Fox X Men was the abysmal continuity.