kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Simon Kinberg to direct | Delayed to June

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, trifle said:

Well, I hope that Jen is in it for a solid part, since she is my favorite part of this, but I hope they give her something more meaty to do.  I'm tired of the 'phoned it in' comments if she plays someone who is cynical and disassociated, as someone cynical and disassociated.  She has an amazing range; I wish they would challenge her more.

I was actually hoping she wouldn't be in it just because some people vociferously blame Mystique's different persona on her, but since she is in it, I will look forward to her performance.  I honestly might not have seen it, were she not in it.  She is the reason I have seen all but one of them in the past.  (Logan being the exception, but Logan was exceptional in a number of ways.)

This does make sense because there are rumors

Reveal hidden contents

that someone was cast who is supposed to be a daughter of hers, in the comics.

I don't have a problem with Jeniffer's performance in the X-Men movies. She was great in First Class and they integrated Mystique well in DoFP, but in Apocalypse she had nothing to do and I fear she still won't and she'll be in the movie only because she's Jennifer Lawrence. Besides, this movie needs to focus on the young X-Men.

• Like 3

she doesn't have anything to do in DoFP or Apocalypse. it's hilarious. they have one of the best and most popular actresses in the world and you would think they would maybe use that to their advantage 

• Like 2

Aren't most of JLaw's current/upcoming movies indie/smaller projects?  Probably want a role like this to bring in the $$$.  Anyway, they really should just motion capture Mystique, especially if she's wearing a costume, would just be the face/arms.  Has Mystique ever been "naked" in the comics anyway?

Kinberg directing is scary, hopefully he knows if it flops, will hurt his directorial chances in the future, and he uses all his resources to make it good.

It's great that they're going to the space, but let's hope the flick won't be rushed as hell.

1) None of the X-Men has even gone to space before. So, movie will have to explain why would they go to space?

2) Phoenix was only hinted in Apocalypse, during 2 scenes: Jean's bad dream during the beginning and the end fight where she triggers her "demon" to burn Apocalypse. The new personality will have to be developed a lot.

3) A new villain.

4) What happened to Essex Corp?

I can't see this going well in 130-140 minutes of movie. I'm excited but at the same time, I'm really afraid. I'm probably one of the few people who loved Apocalypse, but I don't know how I feel about this. 

• Like 2

Just now, GoldenEye said:

ct81duewwaagjoo-159387.jpg

thinking-face.png

that at least felt like it might be an interesting mess... as opposed to this

Bryan & Kinberg said the next X-men movie would go to space on The Commentary for Apoc. Glad to see its happening. I was scared for a moment they were gonna cancel.

• Like 2

J-Law must be getting paid a lot. Her performance in Apocalypse gave me the idea that she was bored of this franchise.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, trifle said:

Well, if they don't give her a challenging role, so do I hope she gets killed off, actually.  Although definitely not until the end, since I will be in the theater to see her. I might not watch the rest of the series if they kill her off, however.  While I like some of the other characters, she and her relationships with the other characters are what get me to the theater.

I am certain Quicksilver will be there as well, obviously, as Sophie, Cyclops etc.  I got the impression XA was introducing people who were going to be the new team downline, and I suspect this one will be a transition of sorts.  Isn't Cyclops supposed to be the leader in the comics?  (forgive me, I've never read them.  I just remember the Halloween costume.)

Seriously?  That surprises me.  But I agree with you that it won't be the pay going up that got her into this, if that is the case, more likely the scheduling. 

Oh yeah, she was the highest paid in XMA.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AaronL said:

Aren't most of JLaw's current/upcoming movies indie/smaller projects?  Probably want a role like this to bring in the $$$.  

Red Sparrow look like a big studio movie, Francis Lawrence movie tend to be big and they went on many location to shoot.

I would think being part of that recurring gang is a big reason why.

53 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

I'm sure this has been the plans for a years. Im gonna guess while making Apocalyse Kinberg was already planned to take over. Its a safe choice, but I feel its one that had been talked about for awhile. Simon has worked toward this and played ball with Fox for 10 years. They trust him. Assuming Bryan is on as an EP too.

In that interview:

http://www.theqandapodcast.com/2016/06/simon-kinberg-x-men-apocalypse-q.html

It was pretty clear he would direct soon and yes he must be really powerfull at fox, he is over 5 billion in box office, almost all for them.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

J-Law must be getting paid a lot. Her performance in Apocalypse gave me the idea that she was bored of this franchise.

I think part of this is a narrative that we project on actor, if someone play a character that is really tired of all this it is easy to project that it is the actor feeling, specially if some one tell us that before we see the movie.

Oh yeah, she was the highest paid in XMA.

I would imagine that those are simply rumors, I don't see why the agents involved would tell salary like those to the press.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2016 at 11:30 AM, Morieris said:

Key word...I'll eat my hat if she comes back.

waiting.gif

• Like 5

Jlaw s wealth tells me she s passed working for a paycheck, maybe it was a deal to produce one of her upcomming projects, we ll see.

20 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

4) What happened to Essex Corp?

That was a teaser for Logan. The blood of the mutants was used to create the kids.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I think part of this is a narrative that we project on actor, if someone play a character that is really tired of all this it is easy to project that it is the actor feeling, specially if some one tell us that before we see the movie.

I suppose, but still just a year ago it seemed like she was done with X-Men films for good. I guess they got her back with riches and some sort of deal.