kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Simon Kinberg to direct | Delayed to June

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

One last ride ...

Don't get me wrong. I am quite sure Dark Phoenix will probably be a very bad movie. 

But I am still buying the ticket. 

For Sophie Turner and J Law !

3 hours ago, TMP said:

The first 2 X-men movies were my introduction to CBMs not named Superman: The Movie. They’re so good and still rewatchable. Didn’t find the Spider-Man movies enjoyable so it was the X-men and Superman for me (yes, I loved Superman Returns). I was never into Wolverine like most fans seemed to be so The Last Stand was pretty lame after killing Scott and having Rogue choose a ‘cure’. Wasn’t interested in all those Wolverine movies (Logan was good when I finally watched it). 

Plus TDK trilogy happened, followed by the MCU to divide my interests and invite comparisons. First Class and Days of Future Past were great, but then Apocalypse happened and I didn’t really like the younger cast. I really hope Dark Pheonix is good if this is the end. Not really looking forward to the MCU rebooting it. 

On 5/9/2019 at 3:26 PM, TMP said:

How did this movie of all movies end up with such good posters?

D6Gxg_fU0AA9Gdt.jpg

2fl6aS9.jpg

The resemblance is remarkable!

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, m3racer123 said:

2fl6aS9.jpg

The resemblance is remarkable!

Ford and Jlaw are in the same spot, the spot of old movie stars Hollywood forgot about.

The memories ...

Edited by The Futurist

Posted (edited)

I can see a high OW opening for this. They've definitely ratcheted up the marketing.  

Edited by Mr Impossible
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

By the way is this a Fox release or Disney one?

It's a Fox release, but I think Disney is the one promoting it now...

I'm thinking it's a Fox release. From what I've heard, this movie doesn't have the normal restrictions that a Disney movie has (certain passes can't be used, theatre staff can't see it for free etc.). Apparently Disney isn't applying any of their rules to any of Fox's upcoming releases. 

Also, does anyone know where you can watch Apocalypse? Do any streaming services have it available?

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'm thinking it's a Fox release. From what I've heard, this movie doesn't have the normal restrictions that a Disney movie has (certain passes can't be used, theatre staff can't see it for free etc.). Apparently Disney isn't applying any of their rules to any of Fox's upcoming releases. 

Also, does anyone know where you can watch Apocalypse? Do any streaming services have it available?

https://www.justwatch.com/ca/movie/x-men-apocalypse

• Thanks 1

I should be a lot more excited for this movie than I am, but I just can’t muster any enthusiasm. It’s weird because DoFP was my most anticipated movie of 2014, but at this point, I just can’t find any reason to care about this film series. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I should be a lot more excited for this movie than I am, but I just can’t muster any enthusiasm. It’s weird because DoFP was my most anticipated movie of 2014, but at this point, I just can’t find any reason to care about this film series. 

That's cause we've heard from rumors on the internet that the movie is a disaster. Most people haven't that's why I think there's a disconnect. 

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'm thinking it's a Fox release.

It's a Disney release because Disney now fully owns the FOX movie studio. But, it is a FOX release in the sense that the movie was filmed while FOX was an independent studio, so its design and conception and execution were all done under the FOX regime. 

So at this point it's a Disney release of a FOX production. 

Hard to believe we're coming up on 20 years since the release of the first X-men movie in 2000. 

One could argue that X-Men (2000) is one of the most impactful releases of this century. It opened the doors to the development of the MCU by proving their was a mass audience for a Marvel property. Before that, the "comic book universe" basically consisted of Superman and Batman movies.

I haven't missed an X-Men film in the theater. This won't be the first now that we are at the end.

One of the fan events for this is already sold out where I am

• Astonished 1