kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Simon Kinberg to direct | Delayed to June

7 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Awful material? Audiences are loving aladdin. Just because you might personally think it's rubbish doesn't mean its seen that way by audiences. Also it did $86m not 90m.

Nope Aladdin did 91, the 86 was just estimates. 

Can whoever writes the x-men movies please explain to me how the fuck Magneto and Mystique go around lecturing other people about morals?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Imagine a world where the stewards of the X-Men franchise built up the Hellfire Club and/or threw in Proteus and/or connected Lilandra, etc. to the Dark Phoenix story instead of rushing it twice. 

The Fox X-Men produces some excellent stuff, but there was a lot of good stuff left on the table. 

I don’t have anything against Sophie Turner, but another poster made a really good point about not getting time to connect to her as Jean Grey. 

1 minute ago, LaughingEvans said:

Can whoever writes the x-men movies please explain to me how the fuck Magneto and Mystique go around lecturing other people about morals?

Do you really expect Simon Kinberg to give you a decent explanation?

6 minutes ago, Menor said:

Nope Aladdin did 91, the 86 was just estimates. 

didn't know that, thanks. That's impressive.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

It happens in the same universe where Magneto has murdered hundreds of thousands (if not millions of people) and then faced no consequence whatsoever to the point where even Charles Xavier, the epitome of preachy good guy, is chummy with him by the end of the movie. 

Expecting coherence is futile. 

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

It happens in the same universe where Magneto has murdered hundreds of thousands (if not millions of people) and then faced no consequence whatsoever to the point where even Charles Xavier, the epitome of preachy good guy, is chummy with him by the end of the movie. 

Tbf this isn't limited to the X-verse, many superhero movies have villains join the good guys with few repercussions. 

7 minutes ago, Menor said:

Tbf this isn't limited to the X-verse, many superhero movies have villains join the good guys with few repercussions. 

Yup. Loki comes to mind 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Yup. Loki comes to mind 

Wanda and Iron man should be in jail after Ultron...<_<

• Thanks 1

I never figure out whether Magneto is meant to be a hero or villain. I don't suppose he needs to be either, characters can be complex. I always thought X-Men was Professor X and Magneto fighting together.

10 minutes ago, Menor said:

Can you name these many SH movies where the villain has murdered countless people and then faced no consequences? 

The only one which I can think of is Loki which is not entirely the same situation. The arc with Loki is similar to the one in DoFP where they break out Magneto to help them but dont trust him. Its the same with Loki in TDW/Ragnarok where they break him out to help them but dont trust him. 

But with Magneto, TWICE has it happened now that he has got off scot free after murdering a bunch of people. 

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Can you name these many SH movies where the villain has murdered countless people and then faced no consequences? 

The only one which I can think of is Loki which is not entirely the same situation. The arc with Loki is similar to the one in DoFP where they break out Magneto to help them but dont trust him. Its the same with Loki in TDW/Ragnarok where they break him out to help them but dont trust him. 

But with Magneto, TWICE has it happened now that he has got off scot free after murdering a bunch of people. 

the avengers. Did you see how many creatures they murdered in Infinity War. :(

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Yup. Loki comes to mind 

Yeah, that was even made into a joke in the original Avengers movie. I don't have a problem with this. It is how the characters of that type are treated in the actual comic source material. It's just how they work.

loki-thor.jpg?w=767

Posted (edited)

As far as the Fox X-Men having more artistic merits, the Fox X-Men had been pretty much insistent on focusing on the same ol' characters without truly bringing any new ones into the fold. Only First Class featured new characters, but most of them were done away with by DOFP. And we all know the only reason Mystique became a significantly focal character these last few films, and it wasn't for artistic reasons.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

It sort of happened twice with Loki. Considering the fact he got off basically scott free for taking over Asgard some 4 odd years.

However with Magneto it is much more frustrating and repetitive.

1 hour ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Are you trolling? The film will end up somewhere above 400M+, no reason for it to go significantly under Apocalypse. DOFP was a major event with the past and future colliding. 

Sequel law. If the first isn’t liked, the next will see a decent sized drop.

Though I’m curious about OS as China is looking weak.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Gamora, Nebula, Loki at the end of Ragnarok (I still think that counts, Thor seems to trust him somewhat by that point), Scarlet Witch (sent the Hulk on a rampage through the city), Hawkeye (killed a lot of people for weak reasons). I do agree that Magneto getting off with no consequences in Apocalypse was much more stupid than those examples though.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

If Charles is the epitome of preachy good guy, why do you think he wouldn't forgive Magneto?

The funny thing is you wanna talk about coherence having a avatar of Thor Ragnarok. Lol

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It sort of happened twice with Loki. Considering the fact he got off basically scott free for taking over Asgard some 4 odd years.

However with Magneto it is much more frustrating and repetitive.

How is his situation and Magneto’s the same? For starters Loki did not massacre millions. 

For second, Loki actually got arrested and imprisoned for the events in Avengers 1. He only escaped in TDW by faking his death. As for taking over Asgard, no one even knew it was him until Thor got there. Thor would have put him in prison again but he needed to find Odin. Loki escaped again by getting thrown off to another planet altogether. The only situation where you can remotely say that he was let off is at the end of Ragnarok when they are on the ship, but even that is shortlived as he is pretty much immediately killed by thanos. 

As for Magneto, he is let off to enjoy chess in the park after trying to eradicate humanity (in X1), and assembling an army, murdering a whole lot of people (in X3). 

He is again allowed to walk free after events of Days of Future Past. And then let off scot free after committing one of the biggest mass murder. 

How exactly are the two things alike?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saw the new clip. It's. So. BORING. I don't think I've seen any character smile in any of the marketing. Everyone's super duper serious. This film seems entirely devoid of fun.

Also, Charles parading the X-Men around as the saviors of humanity seems very out of character.