Jump to content
kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Simon Kinberg to direct | Delayed to June

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

I'll be stunned if Lawrence comes back. She clearly checked out of it throughout the most recent movie.

 

I disagree with that.  She was supposed to be playing a disillusioned character, not emoting all over, but she did emote where appropriate, such as when she was confronting Magneto.  I honestly think that line is a canard, if I am using the term correctly

 

On the other hand, her schedule is awful, and she was saying while she loved the cast and the character her schedule might be a problem. As it was they held up filming Apocalypse to have her in it, and since then she has turned down several movies due to scheduling, including Oceans Eight.  It might not work out.

 

8 hours ago, Arlborn said:

@trifle Do you know the article I'm talking about?

 

 

 

Edit: Oh crap, I thought I was editing my other post but turned out it was a new reply, my bad.

Actually I thought she said that each of them had kind of said that they would only come back if the others come back, but she was kind of kidding, she said they each were asking if the other were returning.

 

She specifically said she really liked the cast and thought her character's story wasn't fully told, but that she didn't know if her gruesome schedule would end up allowing it.  It was kind of a 'we'll have to see'.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, trifle said:

 

I disagree with that.  She was supposed to be playing a disillusioned character, not emoting all over, but she did emote where appropriate, such as when she was confronting Magneto.  I honestly think that line is a canard, if I am using the term correctly

 

On the other hand, her schedule is awful, and she was saying while she loved the cast and the character her schedule might be a problem. As it was they held up filming Apocalypse to have her in it, and since then she has turned down several movies due to scheduling, including Oceans Eight.  It might not work out.

 

Actually I thought she said that each of them had kind of said that they would only come back if the others come back, but she was kind of kidding, she said they each were asking if the other were returning.

 

She specifically said she really liked the cast and thought her character's story wasn't fully told, but that she didn't know if her gruesome schedule would end up allowing it.  It was kind of a 'we'll have to see'.

 

I remember she said something like "It's not a no. It's a call me. I am open to Fox calling and seeing if it's an option"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I'm confused.  Reboot?  Partial reboot?  Some sequel?

 

Probably a prequel that they keep touting as a reboot, until it's confirmed that it's a sequel. Basically kinda like First Class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just set it in another "dimension"/time-line etc etc.  Like how in the Comics there is the main 616, Ultimates, AoA, etc.  Too complicated though?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Sources say the flagship series will be reconfigured,

 

Reminds me of when sports teams say they're "rebuilding" . These comic book entities really have become like established sports franchises

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 movies and several spinoffs...the X-Men franchise is the most exploited of all ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this happens, does it mean 3 of the last 4 X-Men movies have been reboots in some form?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Click bait article. I thought The Hollywood Reporter was better than that. They are praying or hoping for a post Amazing Spiderman 2 type scenario. They think FOX is SONY lol. This series was in way bigger trouble post Xmen origins so they should not get too excited.,    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hades said:

Click bait article. I thought The Hollywood Reporter was better than that. They are praying or hoping for a post Amazing Spiderman 2 type scenario. They think FOX is SONY lol. This series was in way bigger trouble post Xmen origins so they should not get too excited.,    

Yup, it was a heavily biased article. X-Men will go on as it always has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is more likely is a shift in style rather than a story reboot. Maybe they will make it look more distinctive focusing more on the school, but if they are hoping to retain the three main actors of the prequels then they are not changing the universe.

 

I say, don't count with Fassbender or Lawrence, focus on McAvoy and the young ones. Build some chemistry among them, like the mall scene from Apocalypse.

 

Also, if anything, we need X-Men to be the story of an opressed minority more than ever.

Edited by The47th
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The47th said:

What is more likely is a shift in style rather than a story reboot. Maybe they will make it look more distinctive focusing more on the school, but if they are hoping to retain the three main actors of the prequels then they are not changing the universe.

 

I say, don't count with Fassbender or Lawrence, focus on McAvoy and the young ones. Build some chemistry among them, like the mall scene from Apocalypse.

 

Also, if anything, we need X-Men to be the story of an opressed minority more than ever.

I'd like all of that. Don't go Dark Phoenix route in this one yet, let that build up, make this one more grounded.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new cast looks too young for my taste. I wish the next X-Men movie would be set in the present day with a new, adult looking cast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to reboot with a new cast, already established team in present day. No need for extended origins either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

They need to reboot with a new cast, already established team in present day. No need for extended origins either. 

Has that ever been tried in movie history though? Rebooting a franchise and just diving right in with the new actors, no origins or anything?

 

And if so, was it successful?

Edited by Arlborn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The new cast looks too young for my taste. I wish the next X-Men movie would be set in the present day with a new, adult looking cast. 

They will grow into their roles. That was the point. They are there for the long run. Marvel cast young actors for their heroes apart from RDJ and now they have to deal with a 50 year old Iron man. He does not have much time left in the suit.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Has that ever been tried in movie history though? Rebooting a franchise and just diving right in with the new actors, no origins or anything?

 

And if so, was it successful?

 

The first X-men has practically newish actors and no origins. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.