kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Simon Kinberg to direct | Delayed to June

10 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

You know how Apocalypse *should* have ended? Apocalypse succeeds in taking over Charles.

ANd then goes around screaming THE HORROR! THE HORROR!"

Sorry, couldn't resist it.....

2 hours ago, TMP said:

Where are the Sony fanboys?

We support our Rothgod.

tom-rothman-premiere-we-bought-a-zoo-01.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

We support our Rothgod.

tom-rothman-premiere-we-bought-a-zoo-01.

Slay King 😩😩😩

• Not Cool 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

And all I was saying that is by not quoting people directly or singling out their posts, you strip out so much context as to make your observation not only meaningless, but misleading.

Can't quote them because then I'll be singling someone out/"picking a bad example". Can't not quote them because then there's no context. Can't win whatsoever I guess.

My statements aren't misleading or meaningless. My message is simple: Weep not for the distributors, but for those who put the work in. It's a message that works without having to quote anybody. It's a message that's true for any movie and any studio. If you find that misleading or meaningless, I think that's on you.

Edited by OncomingStorm93

2 hours ago, Justin4125 said:

First of all, I would say I'm a producer and director fan in general, and my respect for Kevin Feige makes me a little bias. I dont have that much trust in Simon Kinberg, but I somehow feel that given Feige's involvement in the script stage, and then the added reshoots, I really do think the film is going to be much better than people expect.

Xmen has potential, not only its fan base but my goodness the actors. With just slightly better material to work with I think this film could be great. XMA was a learning experience, I firmly believe we will see a major adjustment in this film. XMA was like the epitome of what not to do with Xmen (make it a big, splashy, surface level film ending in a beam fight) and for some reason I just feel Dark Phoenix is going to go in a very different, potentially very interesting, direction, regardless of how the trailers have made it look

I second that you offer proof that Feige was involved in the making of Dark Phoenix. I find that questionable, since I would bet a huge amount of money that Fiege was cautioned by the Disney Legal team NOT to interefer with The X Men Franchise while the deal was being negotationed and finalized, since that would have created some major legal problems in gettint eh deal approved the Government.

Posted (edited)

As ponted out, all the screaming and drama over this is ironic, since no matter what happens, the Fox X Men franchise is a thing of the past, for better or worse.

What I don't get is why many X Men fans conceived this hatred for the MCU....it ironic because Feige was working for FOX when the first X Men was made and  made some substantial conrtibutions to the first X Men film.

If fact , it was the word that Feige had a lot to do with the success fo the first X men movie that got him hired by Marvel in the first place.....

Edited by dudalb

It seems Feige's involvement is that he "reviewed the script and tone", per Kinberg. Feige has also possibly helped with the marketing, as Disney's marketing team became involved after the merger. Worth noting that Feige was (in some capacity) a producer on the initial X-Men trilogy. Kinberg also said that Feige "never asked us to do anything".

Just now, OncomingStorm93 said:

Can't quote them because then I'll be singling someone out. Can't not quote them because then there's no context. Can't win.

My statements aren't misleading or meaningless. My message is simple: Weep not for the distributors, but for those who put the work in. It's a message that works without having to quote anybody. It's a message that's true for any movie and any studio. If you find that misleading or meaningless, I think that's on you.

Last comment on this as it's derailing the thread.  If you want to have the last word in response, fine.

Of course one should feel bad for folks 'below the line'.  I and the folks in that discussion over in the WE thread haven't suggested otherwise.  In fact, I just pointed out a couple of posts ago that those folks who love the MonsterVerse are typically the ones who care more about the folks below the line in these productions.

What I find "misleading or meaningless" is you taking arguments about something else entirely and arguing that those folks don't care about folks below the line and care instead about executives. 

No more, no less.

Anyway, as I said, last comment on this as this isn't the place to really get into it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

i like that at the end of every 20th Century Fox film, the final card after the credits is "The production and distribution of this film has supported 15,000 jobs"

Edited by Avatree

Posted (edited)

To get back to the topic of this movie, I don’t know if I should be sad over this, but the fact that I’m pretty much completely indifferent to the film is a turn of events that I never would’ve seen coming five years ago, especially considering that my most anticipated CBM of 2014 was DoFP. There’s just nothing left in this series to look forward to. 

Edited by WittyUsername

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Can't quote them because then I'll be singling someone out/"picking a bad example". Can't not quote them because then there's no context. Can't win whatsoever I guess.

Eh, weep for those at the bottom - desk jockeys and crew - the ones who didn't fuck up - who are the ones that always get laid off, fired or can't find another job while those at the top golden parachute, profit share, get another $200m to make a movie or get promoted when there's a financial bomb.

Edited by TalismanRing

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

To get back to the topic of this movie, I don’t know if I should be sad over this, but the fact that I’m pretty much completely indifferent to the film is a turn of events that I never would’ve seen coming five years ago, especially considering that my most anticipated CBM of 2014 was DoFP. There’s just nothing left in this series to look forward to. 

Yeah, honestly, that's the sad part to me.  X-Men went from "Must see opening day" to an "I'll catch it on Vudu. Maybe," in a pretty short amount of time.  I like Sophie Turner, I live the universe, I like the characters, but they really derailed the momentum and goodwill with XA.  I look at this and just don't feel like running out and spending a bunch of money to see it.  I don't hate it or wish it tanks or anything, but it is more that it is a non-event, which is sad.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Eh, weep for those at the bottom - desk jockies and crew who are the ones that always get laid off, fired or can't find another job while those at the top golden parachute, profit share, get another $200m to make a movie or get promoted when there's a financial bomb.

Oh yeah, root for them too. Better than rooting for the suits, which I guess some members here would like to pretend isn't a thing. Because people can say "I wish people would stop using this excuse against fans who go hard for certain Studiosand when I disagree I have to be given lip about how I'm being misleading and meaningless.

Edited by OncomingStorm93

1 minute ago, The GOAT said:

Chances it beats SLOP2? 😢

Slim but who knows, stranger things have happened.

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

You know what was good featuring X-Men?

p532702_b_v8_ac.jpg

Wolverine and the Xmen is good too. It was also produced ya boy Fiegie.

• Like 1

Seriously SLOP is such a weird acronym, can we just call it Pets 2? lol

Just now, AJG said:

Wolverine and the Xmen is good too. It was also produced ya boy Fiegie.

Spectacular Spider-Man was also a favorite of mine as a kid.

Not to mention, Earth’s Mightest Heroes.

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Spectacular Spider-Man was also a favorite of mine as a kid.

It kills me that this show was cancelled as a result of the Disney purchase of Marvel.

X-Men Evolution and Static Shock were my Saturday mornings for a couple years.

• Like 1