kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Simon Kinberg to direct | Delayed to June

13 minutes ago, UserHN said:

The last SH movie just made $2.7B in the worldwide box office. It's illogical for the studio to end SH movies if they got that kind of critical and financial success.

Yes. But it is also a very nice turning point. :)

It's always ups and downs. After a great up they wouldn't be able to hold the level, even if they tried.

Hopefully I get quoted on that, in a couple of years.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Yeah, sorry about the rant. You know it's not my usual tone.

Sure bud. I remember you calling out to strangle critics a few months ago and also talked about how critics should die a few days ago but sure, that totally isn't your usual tone.

12 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

A 7.5 on Maoyan ????

Omg

Wouldnt be shocked if this does under 300 million ww

This movie probably won't even cross 250 mil at this stage. 65 mil DOM, 60 mil China, 100 mil OS-China.

Edited by lorddemaxus

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Sure bud. I remember you calling out to strangle critics a few months ago and also talked about how critics should die a few days ago but sure, that totally isn't your usual tone.

This movie probably won't even cross 250 mil at this stage. 65 mil DOM, 60 mil China, 100 mil OS-China.

65 million dom seems hard to believe. I guess depends on weekend

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Feige has said at least 5 years

Spoiler

Excluding Storm in BP2 right?

ETA

2 hours ago, Sam said:

:saw lots of fans clamoring for Storm to appear in the next Black Panther movie but I really hope not. She’s one of the few X-Men who could carry her own solo.

Right. So you put her in BP2 like they did T’Challa and Spidey in Civil War, and then green light her own movie. 

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

65 M dom?

21 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Seems like hyperbolic pessimism. Shazam, an essentially unknown unproven property managed 180M OS-China. X-Men is still an established franchise with a devoted fanbase, 100M OS-C would be a 60% drop from what Apocalypse did, and very early OD numbers in some countries didn’t suggest such a drastic drop.

Same goes for domestic. Tracking up to this point pointing towards 40M+ OW. I really can’t see the X-fans turning away so massively such that only it can only reach 60M Dom.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sam said:

Seems like hyperbolic pessimism. Shazam, an essentially unknown unproven property managed 180M OS-China. X-Men is still an established franchise with a devoted fanbase, 100M OS-C would be a 60% drop from what Apocalypse did, and very early OD numbers in some countries didn’t suggest such a drastic drop.

Same goes for domestic. Tracking up to this point pointing towards 40M+ OW. I really can’t see the X-fans turning away so massively such that only it can only reach 60M Dom.

I bet it falls under tracking at this point.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ETA

Right. So you put her in BP2 like they did T’Challa and Spidey in Civil War, and then green light her own movie. 

Spidey’s origin needs no introduction and Black Panther’s origin is simple enough to be incorporated into current MCU timelines in Civil War. 

Storm, on the other hand, comes with the baggage of X-Men, so putting her in BP2 run the risk of overstuffing having to explain her background and shifting focus from T’Challa and his universe imo. 

Not saying that Ororo in BP automatically means a love interest role, but that’s what many will assume. And at the risk of maybe offending you, apologize beforehand, but I don’t care for the T’Challa/Ororo short-lived, gimmick romance :ph34r: :P 

those main chracters are so over used, uninspring, boring at this point. that's how I felt seeing apocalyse to DP.

same characters and same fight.. I don't think the action on this movie was good. only grea thing was jean's power vfx when she goes.. angry.

and what a tragic.. spent big money to reshoot whole 3rd act for this.

A Storm solo movie would be awesome. They never really did the character justice so far.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

those main chracters are so over used, uninspring, boring at this point. that's how I felt seeing apocalyse to DP.

same characters and same fight.. I don't think the action on this movie was good. only grea thing was jean's power vfx when she goes.. angry.

and what a tragic.. spent big money to reshoot whole 3rd act for this.

If they’re repeating the Magneto/Professor X’s [sexual] tension for the umpteenth time in this movie, did they at least finally resolve it with some explicit scene? 

Asking for a friend. @MrPink

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, Sam said:

Spidey’s origin needs no introduction and Black Panther’s origin is simple enough to be incorporated into current MCU timelines in Civil War. 

Storm, on the other hand, comes with the baggage of X-Men, so putting her in BP2 run the risk of overstuffing having to explain her background and shifting focus from T’Challa and his universe imo. 

Not saying that Ororo in BP automatically means a love interest role, but that’s what many will assume. And at the risk of maybe offending you, apologize beforehand, but I don’t care for the T’Challa/Ororo short-lived, gimmick romance :ph34r: :P 

TBH, I'm more offended you assumed her as a love interest was the only reason to put her in the movie. ;)

And not that she's basically Mother Earth, and you could easily write her as a reluctant ally to T'Challa and Nakia (who she probably knows from Nakia being a wardog/spy and Ororo trying to protect her people/village in Kenya).

I also don't buy into "Storm coming with baggage" cause, to be quite frank, those movies have NEVER given her her just dues.  She doesn't have to be (and frankly shouldn't) be an X-Men yet.  That can be her Solo Movie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

TBH, I'm more offended you assumed her as a love interest was the only reason to put her in the movie. ;)

And not that she's basically Mother Earth, and you could easily write her as a reluctant ally to T'Challa and Nakia (who she probably knows from Nakia being a wardog/spy and Ororo trying to protect her people/village in Kenya).

I also don't buy into "Storm coming with baggage" cause, to be quite frank, those movies have NEVER given her her just dues.  She doesn't have to be (and frankly shouldn't) be an X-Men yet.  That can be her Solo Movie.

Oh, so not T’Challa’s love interest but his romantic rival.

Okay, I can be on board with this.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

56 minutes ago, Sam said:

If they’re repeating the Magneto/Professor X’s [sexual] tension for the umpteenth time in this movie, did they at least finally resolve it with some explicit scene? 

Asking for a friend. @MrPink

Judgling from the reception in China, I think the answer is no, unlike the [sexual] tension between Venom and Eddie 😂

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

JJ Abrams is behind consistently well reviewed and received projects that do well so no. How you make that list and don't have Zack Snyder on there is bizarre. 

my bad, fixed

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

No its not, its extremely usual tone lol.

Are we looking at a ”Fant4stic”-kind of scenario with this film? 

That film opened at $25M and finished at $56M DOM with over 4,000 theater counts, no less, with shit WOM from both critics & audience alike.

Will the same thing happen here?

• Like 1