kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Simon Kinberg to direct | Delayed to June

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

And if you throw in Wolverine Origins?

Okay, you have me there.

Outside out of, shockingly, the battle sequence in the third act that was reshot, I thought this was almost a total farce. Some of the actors try their best, but there was no saving a script full of character assassinating decisions and rushed plotting that didn't feel consistent with any canon from any of the minutes.

Honest to god, the second act has one of the most impotent setups for an action sequence I've ever witnessed. And it leads to a truly ridiculous image that, again, comes across like farce 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yikes. There are seeds of good ideas here, but they are executed so poorly my god. Dialogue exchanges and performances are mostly painful. Haven’t seen a bigger disconnect between a score and a movie scope. Chastain’s villain is horrendous.

It’s bad. 

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

Posted (edited)

Starts fast, peters out quickly, and spirals out of control by the end of the first act. This film feels soulless. Cobbled together in the editing bay. Utterly pretentious. Thinks, acts, and feels like there's more narrative weight than Simon Kinberg can actually come up with. And without a doubt, a new titleholder for worst comic book villain , though no fault of Chastain, who does her best with what she's given.

Edited by OncomingStorm93
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

RT audience score begins at 66%

Does audience score usually go down over time? 

Careful with spoilers

30 minutes ago, Hokkaido MUTO said:

Does audience score usually go down over time? 

In the case of Aladdin, it's the opposite. It went up over time.

Posted (edited)

Didnt think it was as bad as what the reviews might indicate. Certainly better than The Last Stand. It’s biggest problem is that its just meh. For an adaptation of the Dark Phoenix Saga and the finale of xmen, it just feels meh. 

Pros

- score was really good

- Some of the effects are cool

- Turner is not bad, certainly one of the better performers

Cons

- Most of the actors were just phoning it in, especially Jlaw

- The villains are just awful. No development whatsoever. Jessica Chastain is not only wasted but is bad as well

- Story is a mess. Everything is so rushed. Villains set up is rushed, final fight scene is rushed, opening is rushed. This storyline needed multiple movies to develop. 

I didnt think the movie was that bad but its just very underwhelming. 

Oh and there were just 13 people including us in the 400 seat IMAX.

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2

I still havent seen fan4stic. Probably wont watch this either. My time and money is too valuable. 

14 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

oscar isaac is funny as hell in it. the main emotion he's playing throughout is "i am clearly very uncomfortable under these prosthetics". a beautiful performance. also i would charitably estimate that he has 20-25 minutes of screentime. and in the longest x-men movie (just watched it and i couldn't tell you why) that's no good when he's the only fun part.

He pretty much said as much in this video regarding the prosthetics at 11:38

• Haha 1

The reshot train action scene was actually quite good, I feel like they should've just reshot the whole film lmao. It's just miles better than the previous action scenes.

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

He pretty much said as much in this video regarding the prosthetics at 11:38

I don't know what he expected when he signed for that role. it's common sense that this dude :apocalypse:would be in heavy make up at least. unless he expected Thanos like mo'cap. 

Apocalypse should've been a mo capped character.  

x-men-dark-phoenix-trialer-magneto-genos

reminder that fassbender is supposed to be playing a 60 year old in this movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

The reshot train action scene was actually quite good, I feel like they should've just reshot the whole film lmao. It's just miles better than the previous action scenes.

the build-up to the sequence and the first few minutes are well done, I agree, but it gets tiresome after a while and the final showdown is terribad.

41 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I would agree with this statement. The overall film isn't near the disaster I was expecting. I was expecting the finale to be F4F bad, but I would hazard to say that it was one of the better aspects of the film.

After being completely entrenched in Powell's score to The Last Stand over the last few weeks, (Its easily the best X-Men score, if not one of the best superhero scores ever written IMO) Zimmer is a snooze fest. The whole score sounds like a boring regurgitation of "Time" from Inception. I was expecting to be letdown, but jesus... 

Can we have a MCU X-Men movie yet?

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

x-men-dark-phoenix-trialer-magneto-genos

reminder that fassbender is supposed to be playing a 60 year old in this movie.

he doesn't look younger in real life tbh :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

he doesn't look younger in real life tbh :ph34r:

I know you’re just a kid but cmon.