kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Simon Kinberg to direct | Delayed to June

Posted (edited)

It's decent. Not a bad film at all. But it does not really go anywhere. It does not deliver any real suspense or drama. It just comes and goes. 

All the actors were good. But actors need a script, a screenplay and proper direction. The movie repeatedly presents scenes where there should be real conflict or real emotion, but backs away immediately. Even the well spoiled death scene is muted and undersold. The audience is left thinking the scene needed more, but that is all on the filmmaking not the acting. If a scene demands an angry confrontation or a big emotion response but the script and director want it to be more muted, more muted is what you are going to get. That is not the actors not caring but just poor filmmaking. The film wastes the cast. 

Edited by straggler
  • Like 3

Totally already-seen, bland in its script, superficial in the characters' evolution.

But I enjoyed it quite a bit. Loved Sophie Turner.

Posted (edited)

Jesus this movie cannot catch a break. Between awful buzz, all four views, bad word of mouth, and now awful box office. What happened

Edited by Curtis1986

3 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Jesus this movie cannot catch a break. Between awful bus, all four views, bad word of mouth, and noun and awful box office. What happened

Has autocorrect gone too far?

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Once again, all the "rumors" of leaked storylines and original third acts that many uber-fanboys cried foul over turn out to be entirely true.  These rumors don't come from nowhere, people...  I haven't even seen this thing, yet (may wait til video, it's won't be long, at this rate)... but it's clear catching up on the reviews and this thread that the whole villain concept was originally meant to be you-know-who, whom FOX also somehow had the film rights to use... but once they got wind of what Marvel was doing with Captain Marvel...or rather perhaps once Marvel instructed them so behind the scenes, FOX clearly balked...  I'd love to see the original third act on home video...considering they spent so much shooting the damn thing. 

But the problems are larger than that, of course.  Otherwise, I'll just say what I've said before.  I was a fan of these films previously... but for various reasons, if I was a FOX exec, I wouldn't have supported making this movie at all.  It was a no-win situation even before the Disney-Marvel merger came up, based on the overall dud-reception to the last movie (Oscar Isaac's recollection of that working experience is hilarious).  I wouldn't have made the movie.  Period. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 4

This is for my peoples who just lost somebody

2 of the most iconic marvel storylines “the dark Phoenix” and “the death of Gwen Stacey” were ruined, such a shame...

It's alright. Feels like there's a solid opening act of a Phoenix Saga buried under a lot of clutter and held back by having almost no development of the current X-generation.

But if anything, this film caps off a re-quel series that progressively showed the filmmakers had zero long-term plan for story or for character arcs and just hopped movie to movie

6 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

:rofl:

Is this real or is this Twitter page playing the long con?

Apparently this movie doesn’t even have a soundtrack of 90s tunes. Man this movie couldn’t get anything right apparently 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

But she’s credited as producer. Not executive producer but producer 

13 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Wow.  Is this really her official account?  Cray-cray.  Hilarious, either way.

9 minutes ago, AJG said:

Is this real or is this Twitter page playing the long con?

real

Kinberg, Feige and a bunch of verified acconts follow her

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

"A year ago I had a fantastic version of this..."

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

But she’s credited as producer. Not executive producer but producer 

Yes, she and her husband's company has produced every single X Men film. shit's funny.

Lauren tweet lasted about an hour before being deleted, not sure if any trashy news outlets noticed.

38 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Did no one learn from the Josh Trank situation? 

12 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Lauren tweet lasted about an hour before being deleted, not sure if any trashy news outlets noticed.

Did anyone screenshot it?