kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Simon Kinberg to direct | Delayed to June

Did not like this at all. It wasn't incompetent, the cast did a pretty solid job, but it's like every scene had its emotional power just sucked out of it. So flat and boring. Apocalypse may have been a mess but it had some nice moments at least. I liked it much better than this.

No sign of the token Deadline exposé (razzle dazzle!) on the behind-the-scenes drama?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

edit: thought this was a different thread

Edited by TMP

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AJG said:

Did anyone screenshot it?

Edited by Seto Kaiba

6 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Again. She is a credited producer. So this makes no sense 

2 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

2 of the most iconic marvel storylines “the dark Phoenix” and “the death of Gwen Stacey” were ruined, such a shame...

MCU ruined Demon in a bottle.....so...😒

• Not Cool 1

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

If she wasn’t a credited producer why would she even bother commenting though? This kind of statement is only going to come from people who are officially credited.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Hades said:

MCU ruined Demon in a bottle.....so...😒

L O L. I know you’ve got an agenda, but this is a bit much.   

“Declining to adapt” and “ruining” are prrrrrrrrretttttty different.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Menor said:

Did not like this at all. It wasn't incompetent, the cast did a pretty solid job, but it's like every scene had its emotional power just sucked out of it. So flat and boring. Apocalypse may have been a mess but it had some nice moments at least. I liked it much better than this.

That's what I noticed. It was strange. The script would get to the point where you were expecting a bigger reaction or confrontation, and then go flat, underselling it. For example, when Hank confronts Charles after a certain tragedy. It was all oddly muted.

One thing I noticed was also how the film was directed. I lost count of the number of times during a conversation that the camera leaves the person speaking and showed the person listening instead. It drained the emotion.      

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

She and her iconic director husband (Dick Donner) are also old, and she clearly doesn't give a shit anymore, you have to remember that.  (No knock, just stating facts.) 

Even if you're only distantly involved with a production (having helped start the franchise, in this case), you aren't necessarily relegated to "Executive Producer" credit.  "Producers" can sometimes do nothing, too.  😉

• Like 4

1 hour ago, straggler said:

That's what I noticed. It was strange. The script would get to the point where you were expecting a bigger reaction or confrontation, and then go flat, underselling it. For example, when Hank confronts Charles after a certain tragedy. It was all oddly muted.

One thing I noticed was also how the film was directed. I lost count of the number of times during a conversation that the camera leaves the person speaking and showed the person listening instead. It drained the emotion.      

Yup. I guess they were trying to make it subtle but subtlety should not come at the expense of emotional power. The latter is far more important.

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

Granted, a lot of the time producer credits are courtesy credits,and it's very possible that Donner had little to do with those 3 films but a really stupid move on her part anyway. Shouldhave just said "I am sorry people did not like the movie" and let it go at that.

4 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Lauren tweet lasted about an hour before being deleted, not sure if any trashy news outlets noticed.

4 hours ago, AJG said:

Did anyone screenshot it?

Once you tweet something, it's out there forever. Even if you delete it aminute after you sent it, it's too late.

Amazed this has bto be explained.

11 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=4569312

12 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

Pretty much confirming that Kimberg completely ruined f4 and xmen. She is credited as a producer on these movies, but did zilch work on them. Kinberg though....

Now i want to see whether the assholes at THR, Variety etc. will tear her apart after this tweet like they did with Trank after his infamous tweet. 

She is a woman and a producer. Let's see if these Hollywood publications have any gut condemning her tweet. Also, let's see who defends her.

Yes, because they media always goes easier on Women. What kind of fantasy land do you live in?

A producer saying that she wasn't involved is not as big a deal as a director throwing his own movie under the bus opening weekend. So no it will not get as much coverage as that and rightfully so.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Fox-men fans trashing her in the replies.  What a joke. 

Posted (edited)

Just got back from this...oh dear. I honestly think I preferred The Last Stand...at least that one didn’t throw continuity inconsistencies at you every 5 seconds that completely take you out of the movie. Still, it’ll probably give Deadpool some ammunition to use whenever they get around to making DP3.

Jessica Chastain’s villain has to be one of the most underwritten villains I’ve ever seen. She’s just...there.

A very disappointing end to a series that meant so much to me growing up. Just pretend Logan is the end and skip this. The second weekend drop is going to be ugly.

Edited by SnokesLegs

D8fsTouUEAEvTiY.jpg:large

• Like 3