kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Simon Kinberg to direct | Delayed to June

cameron thing is just some trying to do blame game.. lol

they reshoot the whole 3rd act. 30m with more vfx, action packed scenes.

from train scene to final, everything were reshoot with new set, new fight.

they couldn't make it into feb date after reshoot was done in like october.

this was kinda lame. Some cool ideas and set pieces (and the cast of course was good as always) but this movie REALLY lacked a sense of urgency. Felt like it was just going through the motions. 

2 hours ago, imbruglia said:

cameron thing is just some trying to do blame game.. lol

they reshoot the whole 3rd act. 30m with more vfx, action packed scenes.

from train scene to final, everything were reshoot with new set, new fight.

they couldn't make it into feb date after reshoot was done in like october.

That sounds nonsensical. IceKid has been dropping a lot of bombs on Superherohype, supposedly that Kinberg asked him to leak some stuff there, it all makes a lot of sense. Kinberg wanting it delayed to June so they have the time for post. 

I like the film, it doesn't deserve what it's getting, it's flawed but it's good imo, it's a film that still works despite everything that happened but it could have been SO MUCH MORE now that we know mostly what happened. 

You can keep on blaming Kinberg but the guy PLANNED for two films, and (forgive me if that was posted here) Fox, two months before principal photography, just pulls the rug from under everyone, and tells them it's now going to be one film, leaving everyone scrambling, rewriting the whole script to fit it into one film SOMEHOW. I mean, fuck me,  and this is his first feature film, this is insane circumstances. That he managed to deliver this film is miraculous, that it's even coherent at all. Like, enough with the blame game, Fox, once again, messed with an X-Men film, thank god they seem to have managed to show some restraint on most of them but it's a fucking pattern with them. 

I still want to see a longer cut on BD or whatever, it still will be compromised from what Kinberg wanted to make, but I want longer character interactions, more meat on the bones, the emotional moments landed for me, the acting is excellent, it's well directed (Kinberg has a good eye), the action, although on the smaller scale (well, it WAS scaled down once the UN sets were torn apart), is well done too but it makes total sense that two films were needed. A longer build up, more character, more everything.

I want and hope Feige and co keep the cast and make it work that way, rather than pressing reboot. They might, they might not, more likely they might reboot, who knows, there's some rumors about the Kitty Pryde filming still possibly happening, someone told me (although it's not set in stone) that Disney wants Anya Taylor Joy in X-Force, there's a scenario where they might bring the cast back and they all deserve it. 

The way to do it (reboot or not) for Disney is to make a Disney + X-Men series, 8-10 episodes, would probably have strong production values and a healthy budget (as will the MCU shows), let those characters breathe, spend more time with them, give them all the time and attention they need without the pressure of cramming them all in a 2 hour movie and ending up sidelining most of them. Then, it all builds up to an event film at the end of the season. Do the same thing with every new season. Bingo.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I want and hope Feige and co keep the cast and make it work that way, rather than pressing reboot. They might, they might not, more likely they might reboot

Feige will most likely reboot the whole thing. The negative general critic reception and the bombing of Dark Phoenix will make it easier for him to re-do the whole X-Men and integrate it in the MCU.

• Like 4

I don't see the point of answering this, I know he MIGHT reboot, but I'm discussing other alternatives, which most people aren't. Feige was a producer on the first X-Men trilogy and I like to think he feels some amount of respect for the current cast. Rebooting is the lazy thing to be honest. I'm curious to see what it would look like if they rebooted but there are several ways to bring them in. The multiverse allows many possibilities, and if the rumors that one or two actors might return (other than Reynolds) are true, there's no reason not to bring in anyone. 

You could also essentially reboot but keeping the same cast but that would probably be confusing. But let's be honest, slap the Marvel Studios logo on there, make it clear that this is a MCU joint now, bring in the current cast, start over somehow, boom. And of course, the case for the reboot is probably that it would be cleaner and simpler (although not necessarily, having to reintroduce those characters when there's already a foundation there is not ideal) but it would be such a waste (especially for Sheridan, Turner, Smith McPhee, Peters and co who have only been in two films so far).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

No reason to keep the cast that wasn't that popular to begin with. The biggest X Men movie with new cast is still the one with return of Wolverine and older versions. and it's bigger by a large margin. 

they'll recast like they recast Spiderman and that worked didn't it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

Yeah, the Fox-X-Men flicks are done. The whole thing needs a reboot. It was a great ride and I own all of them ( I'll buy Dark Phoenix and New Mutants ), but it's time to let it go.

Hopefully they'll call someone to play a new character in the MCU. They got Chris Evans from Fantastic Four to play Captain America, they got Michael B Jordan from Fant4stic to play Killmonger in Black Panther. Who's the next? I know Ryan Reynolds will keep playing Deadpool, but someone else might return from the Fox-Men flicks.

Evan Peters was great, perhaps he could return to play a new character. 

4 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I don't see the point of answering this, I know he MIGHT reboot, but I'm discussing other alternatives, which most people aren't. Feige was a producer on the first X-Men trilogy and I like to think he feels some amount of respect for the current cast. Rebooting is the lazy thing to be honest. I'm curious to see what it would look like if they rebooted but there are several ways to bring them in. The multiverse allows many possibilities, and if the rumors that one or two actors might return (other than Reynolds) are true, there's no reason not to bring in anyone. 

You could also essentially reboot but keeping the same cast but that would probably be confusing. But let's be honest, slap the Marvel Studios logo on there, make it clear that this is a MCU joint now, bring in the current cast, start over somehow, boom. And of course, the case for the reboot is probably that it would be cleaner and simpler (although not necessarily, having to reintroduce those characters when there's already a foundation there is not ideal) but it would be such a waste (especially for Sheridan, Turner, Smith McPhee, Peters and co who have only been in two films so far).

He will reboot. Feige has also stated that the X-Men don't fit in MCU's current 5-year plan for Phase 4, so New Mutants won't be retrofitted into that plan. Feige does not like sharing control. He kicked Perlmutter out of the movies. Freed himself from Avi Arad. Only works with Pascal on the Sony Spider-Man films because of contractual obligations, and even then he didn't want Far From Home so soon. The last thing Feige wants is to be tied to a 19 year old sinking franchise that's already used the ideas he will want to re-invent. The box office runs of First Class, Apocalypse and especially Dark Phoenix make it clear that audiences are over this universe. Feige is great at reading audiences.

Rebooting the X-Men by the way won't affect however Feige plans on using Deadpool. Deadpool is reboot-proof given his fourth-wall breaking nature.

Not sure why you think Feige would be thrilled about an ensemble cast of B and C listers. Not like those names were drawing audiences in for the last two films...

• Like 7

4 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

No one really cares or likes this new cast though. They liked the OG cast so maybe if that franchise was still going or even if they had continued with the First Class kids and followed DOFP up with better movies, there would be motivation for Feige to keep them but these newbs are a big no1curr. They've only been in 2 critical flops.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

No reason to keep the cast that wasn't that popular to begin with. The biggest X Men movie with new cast is still the one with return of Wolverine and older versions. and it's bigger by a large margin. 

they'll recast like they recast Spiderman and that worked didn't it?

Spider-Man is one person, this is a very different situation. Anyway, you guys can keep saying "he will reboot", truth of the matter, none of us know for sure what they will do. 

And yes the OG cast is more popular but the new cast only got two films (three for Evan), two with very mixed receptions, BUT Fassbender and McAvoy are beloved.

Edited by TimmyRiggins

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yeah, the Fox-X-Men flicks are done. The whole thing needs a reboot. It was a great ride and I own all of them ( I'll buy Dark Phoenix and New Mutants ), but it's time to let it go.

Hopefully they'll call someone to play a new character in the MCU. They got Chris Evans from Fantastic Four to play Captain America, they got Michael B Jordan from Fant4stic to play Killmonger in Black Panther. Who's the next? I know Ryan Reynolds will keep playing Deadpool, but someone else might return from the Fox-Men flicks.

Evan Peters was great, perhaps he could return to play a new character. 

Evan needs to stay as Quicksilver, didn't get nearly enough to do. Casting them all as other characters, why not but it's would be super distracting and confusing for audiences, it just will be. The FF films were non events and quickly forgotten, that's why it didn't bother anyone, they weren't high profile films like the X-Men. That's what i'm thinking, if Reynolds gets to come back (and sure, he IS Deadpool, he's a whole specific case), why should the others not get a shot? I was told Disney wants Anya Taylor Joy in X Force, if this is true, it shows they might be more open than you guys think. ALSO, the Kitty Pryde film is not dead apparently, DanielRPK, for anyone who knows him, has been ADAMANT for months that of course Feige will reboot everything, yet he teased the Kitty Pryde film a few days ago. Now, unless that film doesn't happen for five years (remember, Bendis said he was writing it back in February), what does that mean? Would Page return?

I feel there are many things we are not aware of right now and the X-Men will be in the MCU sooner than expected. If you want to do it right, preferably keep that cast, make an X-Men series on Disney +, give the characters the time they deserve, the room they need, every season ends with an event film, that's the way to do it. As great as most of the X-Men films are, too many characters get sidelined or don't get enough to do. 

@OncomingStorm93: You have no clue what Feige is thinking right now, he was a producer on the original X-Men trilogy, he apparently gave feedback on the Dark Phoenix script (probably back when it was two films), you don't know what's going on with  New Mutants. A lot of you are close-minded on this, so certain, but not everything is set in stone, I might be optimistic but I'd rather have my own opinion and not parrot everyone else's. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I feel there are many things we are not aware of right now and the X-Men will be in the MCU sooner than expected.

@OncomingStorm93: You have no clue what Feige is thinking right now, he was a producer on the original X-Men trilogy, he apparently gave feedback on the Dark Phoenix script (probably back when it was two films), you don't know what's going on with  New Mutants. A lot of you are close-minded on this, so certain, but not everything is set in stone, I might be optimistic but I'd rather have my own opinion and not parrot everyone else's. 

Actually, I do know what Feige is thinking. Because he's said what he's thinking:

“It’ll be a while. It’s all just beginning and the five-year plan that we’ve been working on, we were working on before any of that was set. So really it’s much more, for us, less about specifics of when and where the X-Men will appear right now and more just the comfort factor and how nice it is that they’re home. That they’re all back. But it will be a very long time.”

So there you go. X-Men aren't going to become involved for a very long time, around 5 years. Straight from the horse's mouth a few months ago. Feige hasn't been an X-Men producer in over a decade, when he started to lead Marvel Studios. He has no ties to the current cast or storylines.

Feige's feedback on Dark Phoenix, per Kinberg, was that he “reviewed the script and tone”. He read the script, gave some notes. Feige is not a producer in any capacity on Dark Phoenix. Nor a "special thanks" credit. He was too busy focusing on the 2nd and 5th biggest films of all time to worry about a future bomb.

I do know what's going on with New Mutants. I know that it was delayed several times, over two years. I know that reshoots grew from 3 days worth to half of the film and that the cast is too spread out to reunite. I know that it was pitched as an R-rated horror film that the studio mandated be turned into a PG-13 Young Adult film, and after "It" broke out and New Mutants was done filming, the studio said "lets re-film it and make it R". All while Kinberg, the only producer, was too busy directing Dark Phoenix to manage the New Mutants production, leaving everything in the hands of an Indie Romance director who felt "neutered" by the studio. In short, the New Mutants production and post-production have been a mess.

It simply does not make financial sense for Disney to invest in reshoots for a two year old product they inherited with a no-name cast in a dead-on-arrival franchise. It does not make sense for Feige to turn it into an MCU failure. D+ awaits.

Edited by OncomingStorm93
  • Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

LOL the delusion. they're not keeping any of the actors. honestly by the time feige wants to reboot this, no one will even remember these new characters.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

LOL the delusion. they're not keeping any of the actors. honestly by the time feige wants to reboot this, no one will even remember these new characters.

You say this as if those characters aren't already forgotten about. :whosad:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Yeah. I don't know why he would want to keep the casts of movie that just failed both critically and commercially.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The X-Men franchise walked so that the Marvel Cinematic Universe could run.

While us rational people thank the franchise for assisting, along with Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy and Nolan's Batman trilogy, in establishing comic book adaptions as serious movies, the management of the FOX-Men brand has ensured that they do not know how to handle success and have thus erased all the goodwill they built by trying to feed us horse shit every third movie or so.

Audiences have caught on to FOX's game - as we can see with the dismal and deserved opening weekend for "Dark Phoenix."

Edited by I Am
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

So I see some of you believe the 5 year bit Feige said, sure. 

1: Why do you think Feige is lying?

2: Find me a time when Feige has publically lied

3: Why do you find Kinberg honest but Feige not reliable?

• Like 1