kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Simon Kinberg to direct | Delayed to June

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I remember this.

Who really cares though? If the film is good nobody is really bothered. Also the "true to the source" mentality that fanboys lap up fucking sucks. 

29 minutes ago, AJG said:

I remember this.

Who really cares though? If the film is good nobody is really bothered. Also the "true to the source" mentality that fanboys lap up fucking sucks. 

Sure but these days when the MCU when introducing cosmic elements and the X Men series still wanted to remain “grounded”

19 hours ago, AJG said:

I remember this.

Problem with fanboys when it comes to source material is they can't see the forest for the trees. They praise a film for getting little details right, ignoring that it might well blow the more important issues of getting the charecters right. I give you "Watchmen" as an example;SNyder obsessed about the visuals, going so far as to base a lot of shots on the panals in the original, but totally blew it when it came to several major charecters.

18 hours ago, John Marston said:

Sure but these days when the MCU when introducing cosmic elements and the X Men series still wanted to remain “grounded”

Depends on what you mean by grounded. MCU films, though they deal with Cosmic Material, are careful to keep the charecters very grounded as far as trying to make their behavior believable goes.

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Depends on what you mean by grounded. MCU films, though they deal with Cosmic Material, are careful to keep the charecters very grounded as far as trying to make their behavior believable goes.

Kinberg seemed more interested in getting the tone what he wanted over getting the story and characters right.

32 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Kinberg seemed more interested in getting the tone what he wanted over getting the story and characters right.

Zack Snyder Disease.

2 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

And he succeeded. I've seen few films pull off "boring" as successfully as Dark Phoenix. Well done, Simon.

People should stop bumping this thread ( yeah yeah, I know I'm doing the same thing, lol. For a good reason, though ). XD

This movie is done and gone. Nobody cares anymore. Hell, this is even a damn quote in the movie, with Magneto saying "Nobody cares anymore, Charles".

Just let it go, folks. I like to pretend that Days of Future Past finished the story for the old cast, while Apocalypse finished the storyline for the new cast. Logan was the end of the Foxverse. Logan was a great end, Dark Phoenix wasn't. 

Let's imagine that Dark Phoenix works as a "What If" scenario. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

People should stop bumping this thread ( yeah yeah, I know I'm doing the same thing, lol. For a good reason, though ). XD

This movie is done and gone. Nobody cares anymore. Hell, this is even a damn quote in the movie, with Magneto saying "Nobody cares anymore, Charles".

Just let it go, folks. I like to pretend that Days of Future Past finished the story for the old cast, while Apocalypse finished the storyline for the new cast. Logan was the end of the Foxverse. Logan was a great end, Dark Phoenix wasn't. 

Let's imagine that Dark Phoenix works as a "What If" scenario. 

I think Disney shareholders care, if not about the film itself, about how much it impacted the value of their shares.....

When a film bombs as badly as DP did, it is going to be talked about for quite a while, particualry when the company head names it specifically as a major reason a companies earnings did not meet expectations.

Yes, they should have ended with Logan from an artistic view, but when a franchise has been as profitable as the X Men and it's spinoffs have been, a company is going to be reluctant to give it up. Milking the Cash Cow one more time is hard to resists. And Apocalypse, though a weak movie, still made quite a bit of money for Fox.

But they went a film to far, and the Cash Cow dried up with "DP". Not the first time that has happened, and won't be the last.

Problem is you seem to see things from a fan point of view, and not a business point of view,and the studio almost always goes for the business point of view.

Edited by dudalb

The movie is out on blu-ray quality, and I finally got to see it. I liked it a lot. It's very well shot, the action set pieces are very nice, and the women are great in it (Sophie Turner, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence and Alexandra Shipp). Aside from some ugly CGI in the final act, I have nothing to complain about. I liked how the story had a lot of surprises from what was sold by the trailers.

I think it's my second favorite X-Men movie behind only Days Of Future Past. I regret not traveling to see it in IMAX. This is a movie I will hold on to my blu-ray copy for life, once I buy it. I don't understand the low ratings given by critics and audiences, but that would not be the first time a great comic book movie is hated for daring to not follow the MCU formula, so who cares. I hope Simon Kinberg don't give up directing.

• Like 1

This movie died at the box office.  Why won't this thread?  😂

(Yes, I'm fully aware that I'm perpetuating the problem...)

• Haha 1

I loved the movie too, but I also liked Apocalypse, so what do I know lol.

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The movie is out on blu-ray quality, and I finally got to see it. I liked it a lot. It's very well shot, the action set pieces are very nice, and the women are great in it (Sophie Turner, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence and Alexandra Shipp). Aside from some ugly CGI in the final act, I have nothing to complain about. I liked how the story had a lot of surprises from what was sold by the trailers.

I think it's my second favorite X-Men movie behind only Days Of Future Past. I regret not traveling to see it in IMAX. This is a movie I will hold on to my blu-ray copy for life, once I buy it. I don't understand the low ratings given by critics and audiences, but that would not be the first time a great comic book movie is hated for daring to not follow the MCU formula, so who cares. I hope Simon Kinberg don't give up directing.

I really think you will stan for any movie that you see as "Anti MCU".

And most people here are on to your little game.

• Like 4