kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Simon Kinberg to direct | Delayed to June

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

I honestly can't understand why Lawrence stuck around for a fourth one.  She was out of contract after Apoc., and she obviously has plenty of other high profile offers.  She could have walked away.  What do FOX/Singer/Kinberg have on her??  More

Hide contents

fappenings??

:sparta:

It was an easy paycheck, probably.

Jlaw is above Paychecks at this point I think, heard she s good friends with Kinberg.

Every time i see the thread title "pushed back", I assume this movie has been canceled.😢

9 hours ago, AJG said:

They need to get rid of the girl playing Storm.  

Lawrence can go, Turner can go, Angel can go, Beast can go. All them can go

edit: I don’t like the face on the boy playing Cyclops so he can go

I really liked and prefer the first set of youngsters introduced in X-Men First Class over the newer ones introduced in Apocalypse. None of the newer youngster impressed me. Except Quicksilver. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

I really liked and prefer the first set of youngsters introduced in X-Men First Class over the newer ones introduced in Apocalypse. None of the newer youngster impressed me. Except Quicksilver. 

Still bugs me that they were unceremoniously killed offscreen in DoFP. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

J-Law is the reason were getting this movie pretty much.

J-Law told Simon that he needs to direct one of these X-men movies! Simon said, I'll direct the next one but only if you come back for one more..... She said of course, and thus everyone else signed on for a another film. 

Yeah, all makes sense.

If I were a FOX exec, though, I probably would have leaned heavily towards not doing this movie, though... it already seemed redundant and not worth it (and even more so now, after the Disney/FOX purchase).  But of course they know the tight spot they're in.  Yet the franchise still, even in disappointing revenue and a disappointing movie, still does a half-a-billion worldwide...that's not chicken-scratch. 

I'll be curious to see this swan song of a film from the Fox X-Men universe.

Last proper X-Men film anyway. New Mutants would be an awkward epilogue though I suppose. 

16 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Jlaw is above Paychecks at this point I think, heard she s good friends with Kinberg.

Lawrence's total worth is 120 Million dollars; she does not need (from a finiancial view) to work another day in her life;she is pretty damn  rich.

But it is smart to keep doing the popular franchises just from a point of view of it does not hurt to keep your box office value up.

No one has played the "one for them,one for me" game better then Lawrence has; make a crowd pleaser in a successful frachise, then do a small indie film you really want to do.

3 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

I'll be curious to see this swan song of a film from the Fox X-Men universe.

Last proper X-Men film anyway. New Mutants would be an awkward epilogue though I suppose. 

That is the big question:What will Disney/Feige decide to do with the X Men universe?

If it was still making the kind of huge money it did a few years ago Feige would probably just continue it as is, but with declining revenues a reboot working it inot the MCU in some way becomes more likely.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

I've never understood why Bryan Singer got rid of most of FC's supporting cast. Such a dumb decision. Killing them all off, off screen. God I hate Singer.

Edited by eddyxx

15 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Lawrence's total worth is 120 Million dollars; she does not need (from a finiancial view) to work another day in her life;she is pretty damn  rich.

But it is smart to keep doing the popular franchises just from a point of view of it does not hurt to keep your box office value up.

No one has played the "one for them,one for me" game better then Lawrence has; make a crowd pleaser in a successful frachise, then do a small indie film you really want to do.

latest?cb=20140428225629

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Besides Azazel, what was so interesting about the First Class cast ?

Besides Magneto, what is so interesting about the OG X-Men supporting cast who cameoed in DOFP

He could've brought them back. Developed them. Built on what the first film established. But no, he threw it all in the trash to put 15 no dialogue arcless personality free characters on screen to do (powered down) power displays. 

Well, I guess Iceman got a power up in that one. Thats something.

Infinity War gave 30 characters more to do in one movie than Bryan Singer gave most of the X-Men over 4 movies.

11 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Infinity War gave 30 characters more to do in one movie than Bryan Singer gave most of the X-Men over 4 movies.

In DOFP Storm had no lines.

STORM.

21 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Besides Azazel, what was so interesting about the First Class cast ?

Nothing as such. But I just prefer the ones introduced there (Mystique/Quicksilver/Beast/Havok/Banshee) than the one introduced in Apocalypse (Storm/Angel/Nightcrawler/Cyclops). Athough the latter set of characters are more famous but the actors portraying the former were better IMO. And its telling that of all of these characters, the two that were the most liked were from the former group (Mystique and Quicksilver). 

But maybe its just my bias because First Class is my favourite X-Men main series movie. 

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Not true. 

I’m sorry. One line. 

“No, we can slow them down”

First Class had style and a charm to it. It was fun. It was the most MCU of all the X-MEN movies surprisingly. I was not looking forward to FC at all when it was about to release after the abysmal X3 and XO:W killed my hope for the franchise. But I gave it a chance based off WOM and because Vaughn had already impressed me with Kick Ass in the previous year. I was pleasantly surprised and saw the movie 2 times in theaters and watched the shit out of it on blu ray. Fun characters! Colorful costumes! Magneto is a bad ass! No Wolverine to suck up the screen time! A team effort in the final battle! And then...all my hopes were dashed. Bryan Singer's sequel is overrated. It was ok but not this greatest of all time CBM that people tried to make it out to be at the time. Nolan shat out a better CBM without even trying just 2 years previously. Singer's X-Men films are stuck in the early 00's. They butcher the characters turning them into window dressing and focus on a select few.  He couldn't focus on Wolverine in Apocalypse so he shifted the focus to Mystique but his poor creative choices just went up to 11 in that film. Jlaw phoning it in. Sophie Turner playing a role she is clearly not talented enough to play. Fassbender playing a character who should've been retired at the end of DOFP because the idiot Singer didn't know what to do with him. Beast is now a blue fucking Hulk who can change at will instead of being cursed with a monstrous appearance. Macavoy's Charles is the only good thing about the surviving FC characters but thats not because of the writing. Its his acting carrying that turd. Now take away Singer who is somewhat of a competent director...and put in a novice who already ruined the Dark Phoenix story once! How  anyone can be looking forward to Apocalypse 2.5 is beyond me.:gold: