kayumanggi

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX | June 7 2019 | Fox | Simon Kinberg to direct | Delayed to June

45 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Guys Disney can't influence any Fox production before the deal goes through without compromising the entire deal, lol

No one's saying (or at least I'm not) that Disney is lording over FOX already like a dictator waving a finger saying "you must do this."  But look at Kevin Feige's "influence" in years prior with both FOX and Sony, he brought knowledge and advice when he could (even if it was sometimes ignored), and of course how Spider-Man Homecoming finally came to fruition.  There were undoubtedly talks going on months prior to that deal being officially announced...and obviously because Feige was already the diplomatic go-between on the creative level.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's the one "consulting" a bit here...unofficially...no matter who first picked up the phone.  Obviously, whatever happens with this investment will not only affect FOX's final bottom line, but have future impact on Disney/Marvel's self and audience perception of this property.  Sure, $200 mil. is chump change compared to a $78 billion buyout, but no one wants to make a bomb...I'm sure all parties are trying to do everything they can to make the best movie possible, and best possible "finale" to this iteration of the franchise, as it seems it might end up being.  I wouldn't bet my life on this all being a factor in what seems to be the messy post-production of this film...but I would not be surprised if it was part of it (and the parties involved will never talk about it until some time later).

Or it could be the opposite...it could simply be that the film is already a cluster...and the FOX executives are being vindictive about the whole thing.  We've never heard stories like that before in Hollywood, right?  😉

4 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Obviously, whatever happens with this investment will not only affect FOX's final bottom line, but have future impact on Disney/Marvel's self and audience perception of this property

But all the current movie producers/financier (Fox is only one player here, long list of people usually finance those) have point on how much it will make even when Fox will change hands, the movie director is making Star Wars movies for Disney, etc...

So in the scenario that Feige and the marvel brain group giving a long list of notes after watching what they add a la Amazing Spider men, you could see those people wanting to act on them, leading to long reshoot is certainly possible.

But it is a first time director giant movie, could also just be people that were already in charge all along not liking it I guess.

Edited by Barnack

8 hours ago, Macleod said:

http://www.lapresse.ca/affaires/economie/quebec/201807/20/01-5190198-tournages-etrangers-le-quebec-sur-la-route-dun-record.php

Sounds like reshoots of three months and some change, folks.  And reshooting the entire third act?  Good for local business, but...  I'm betting I know what's getting cut out...

And I don't see a February release for this anymore, either...

3 months of reshoots is too much for just third act. Sounds more like they are reshooting the entire movie.

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

How on earth are they reshooting for 3 months and still making that 02/19 release?

Especially when they're going to reshoot the efects heavy third act.

5 hours ago, Firepower said:

3 months of reshoots is too much for just third act. Sounds more like they are reshooting the entire movie.

Or an entire new movie? 

Haven't forgotten Olivia Munn saying that "dark Phoenix's a two parter" 

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-may-be-a-two-parter-olivia-munn-says/

1 hour ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Or an entire new movie? 

Haven't forgotten Olivia Munn saying that "dark Phoenix's a two parter" 

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-may-be-a-two-parter-olivia-munn-says/

Or that indeed one of the numerous possible 'leaks' claimed a while back that Munn wasn't even in the cut they saw!  Clearly, there's a lot of Rubics Cubing going on with this one...  🤐

Edited by Macleod

I don’t think they’re shooting consistently for three months and filming three months worth of footage, I think they’re shooting diferrent bits and pieces sporadically over a three month period to accommodate everyone’s schedule.

They can absolutely make that date even with a 3 month block of reshoots, will be some hilar vfx tho

Oh well thats good.Still don't trust Kingberg though and its a shame that the closing curtains to Fox-men will be handled by him.

Well... turns out random Canadian news site is FAKE NEWS.

Every week, a different fake news. Thank you, MCU fanboys. Keep the buzz up.

• Haha 1

So Collider and Fox meant the chief of Montreal Film Bureau Pierre Moreau is a liar? 

Or the whole drama is a arrangement by Fox?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Litio said:

Every week, a different fake news. Thank you, MCU fanboys. Keep the buzz up.

Didn't know that everyone at the Montreal Film Bureau was an MCU fan. Wow they're really dominating the world!

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

So Collider and Fox meant the chief of Montreal Film Bureau Pierre Moreau is a liar? 

Can we really trust someone named “Pierre”?

50 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

It's true that it could be a case of filming various bits and pieces over a longer period in arrangement with cast availability, so it could be the case of the production itself renting space again for 12 weeks for various shoots and post.  But regardless...yes, I'll believe Moreau over "unnamed source on Collider" (who is probably Kinberg) anyday.  Why would Moreau claim (seemingly truthfully, if contracts are already signed) the production is bringing all this work back to Montreal for three months if it wasn't actually happening?  Even if all the cast won't be there that long...some significant aspect/crew of the production will be.  Something is rotten in the state of pommes frites...and it smells like Hollywood subterfuge. 

Edited by Macleod

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Well... turns out random Canadian news site is FAKE NEWS.

La Presse is a 130 year-old institution.  Collider doesn't really compare.

2 hours ago, gadd said:

i knew this three months of reshoots stuff was bullshit. why would they spend so much time reshooting a movie that will never be released because disney forbids it? honestly guys it makes no sense use your heads.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1