cannastop

Encanto | November 24, 2021 | Walt Disney Animation Studios | Byron Howard and Jared Bush direct, music by Lin-Manuel Miranda

If I'm impatient enough then I'll make an attempt to catch this in theatres like I did with Shang-Chi. But since this seems to be free on D+ by Christmas (it would be cruel of them to charge extra for a "gift"), it's going to be interesting to see how big this gets on D+.

Curious to see how this legs out in theatres though. Most WDAS Thanksgiving releases still had a fair bit left in the tank after day 30, but the current December slate is so crowded it was probably going to cut into the gross regardless, but we'll see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PNF2187 said:

If I'm impatient enough then I'll make an attempt to catch this in theatres like I did with Shang-Chi. But since this seems to be free on D+ by Christmas (it would be cruel of them to charge extra for a "gift"), it's going to be interesting to see how big this gets on D+.

Curious to see how this legs out in theatres though. Most WDAS Thanksgiving releases still had a fair bit left in the tank after day 30, but the current December slate is so crowded it was probably going to cut into the gross regardless, but we'll see.

It just has to be good and gel with the audience, Frozen (which was still doing strong in my theater up till it's Blu release in March 2014), Frozen 2 and Moana all did great because they hit well with the general audience. Encanto looks like it will too - it also has the multiple female leads hook that Frozen had.

Make the Disney Princess crossover Disney. It would literally be the animated equivalent of The Avengers.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

On 9/14/2021 at 4:55 PM, Morieris said:

Kind of surprised we still don't have a full trailer. I guess next week. I remember Big Hero 6 at least having the merch out on ShopDisney around this time in 2014, BUT that also came out 3 weeks earlier.

Mid-to-late September seems to be when Thanksgiving Disney releases get their second trailer.

Tangled 2nd trailer: September 16th, 2010

Frozen 2nd trailer: September 26th, 2013

Moana 2nd trailer: September 15th, 2016

Ralph Breaks the Internet 2nd trailer: September 20th, 2018

Frozen 2 third trailer: September 23rd, 2019

Only outlier being The Good Dinosaur on October 6th, 2015.

So Encanto should have another trailer any day now.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

Kind of wonder if this plot hinges on "Ya'll treat Mirabel so poorly* because she has no power, so now ya'll don't get any anymore."

*Outside of maybe her mother and Luisa.

I'm slightly more interested than before, but I am glad it finally has a full trailer.

• Like 1