kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

17 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

It should atleast perform like Spectre 

Why?  Bond is a bigger brand O/S than DC, particularly in Europe where it's enormous.  $125m in the UK, $73m Germany, $39m in France $22m in The Netherlands.  Even being relatively weak in Latin America isn't enough to even the playing field.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Why?  Bond is a bigger brand O/S than DC, particularly in Europe where it's enormous.  $125m in the UK, $73m Germany, $39m in France $22m in The Netherlands.  Even being relatively weak in Latin America isn't enough to even the playing field.

No, it's not, 007 would never get $ 543m OS If it had bad reviews like BVS had, Bond is clearly stronger only in Europe, but that includes all  superhero brands, including you beloved Marvel.

Edited by bruchav
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Given that $300m production budget, this movie may needs $1b to break even, which could be hard for DCEU if WOM isn't great.....

Presale in Msia is decent, slight better than Thor 3 but I assume walk-ins should be strong. Cinemas have started to add more screens on sneak previews for next Wed.

I miss those time when presale of Transformers 3 & 4, Fast 7, Avengers and IM3, most of the halls were full when clicked through on the websites haha. 

12 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Given that $300m production budget, this movie may needs $1b to break even, which could be hard for DCEU if WOM isn't great.....

If the net budget really is 300m then a gross similar to BvS would be enough to be comfortably past break-even.

Deadline's profitability calculation: (330*0.5) + (95*0.25) + (447*0.39) = $363m from the box office alone, enough to pay the budget and ~half of the marketing, home video and tv sales more than strong enough to pay the rest of the marketing plus all other costs.

(and if you use WB's publicly released Harry Potter ratios instead, 0.555 domestic, 0.46 overseas instead of 0.5 and 0.39 you get $412m from the box office alone)

Edited by MattW
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Michael Seng Wah said:

Presale in Msia is decent, slight better than Thor 3 but I assume walk-ins should be strong. Cinemas have started to add more screens on sneak previews for next Wed.

I miss those time when presale of Transformers 3 & 4, Fast 7, Avengers and IM3, most of the halls were full when clicked through on the websites haha. 

Fast 7 was the craziest.....Malaysian have show their great affiliation to SH movies, i dont see how they can resist JL   

• Like 1

On 11/8/2017 at 8:47 PM, TalismanRing said:

Bond is weak in LA. Skyfall had decent but not great numbers. 

8 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

If a crap like SS can gross 420m without china then JL can do a minimum of 550-600 OS (Hope so).

My man!

BvS was stifled overseas because WoM spread. 2nd weekend dropped 67% I think. If this is well received (even with worse ER) can still do 650M - 700M

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, raegr said:

My man!

BvS was stifled overseas because WoM spread. 2nd weekend dropped 67% I think. If this is well received (even with worse ER) can still do 650M - 700M

Yup like i mentioned minimum for JL shud be 550-600 range. People have mixed feelings abt DC universe. We have to factor in this as well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Yup like i mentioned minimum for JL shud be 550-600 range. People have mixed feelings abt DC universe. We have to factor in this as well. 

Of course, no one will give them the benefit of the doubt. If reviews are at least mixed, this will do fine. If reviews are mixed-positive, great! That should do the trick and people will give this one a chance. Let's see how the embargo pans out first. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2017 at 9:39 AM, bruchav said:

No, it's not, 007 would never get $ 543m OS If it had bad reviews like BVS had, Bond is clearly stronger only in Europe, but that includes all  superhero brands, including you beloved Marvel.

He said particularly in Europe. Cut out both BVS and Spectre Europe gross and both are about the same with Spectre pointing higher. Bond has a stronghold in Europe and DCEU has stronghold in Latin America.

Edited by YourMother

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

I’m sticking with $600M-$650M OS.

This is my range as well .... I think China will give it a good boost ...I think will get a much better result from China than we did BvS.

Also it will hold much better than BvS did it second weekend as well....