kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

15 hours ago, Olive Skywalker said:

Yeah , WB is hoping for 1B yuan

I really hope a comicbook movie will be able to reach $200m in China sooner than later..Avengers 3 is probably the only one able to do it with all its star power.

11 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

It will surely do 50m+ in China.UK maybe.Brazil and Mexico have potential if only the ER gets better (DC is a juggernaut in these coubtries).

The ER is not good for Brazil, the local currency is at its weakest point in a year. It's likely to be huge, maybe record-breaking in local currency but the gross in USD will be hampered..Still, we can at least expect $40m for it, $50m if it breaks all records.

12 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Batman, Supes, Wonder Woman, Flash... im expecting more than 650M OS 

BvS had all of those characters you mention excepting Flash and it was not able to reach $550m. I am one of those rare persons who liked BvS, but in general, it was not liked, so I would not be so optimistic.

28 minutes ago, peludo said:

BvS had all of those characters you mention excepting Flash and it was not able to reach $550m. I am one of those rare persons who liked BvS, but in general, it was not liked, so I would not be so optimistic.

That was thanks to poor reception and slow first 2 acts.

3 minutes ago, raegr said:

That was thanks to poor reception and slow first 2 acts.

Sure, the poor reception was esential in horrible legs. The problem I see is that the experience with BvS was so bad for some people that they do not want to know anything else about these characters. I have some examples around me. I do not share that feeling, but it exists. Said this, I wish I am wrong... IMO, anything over $542m OS (BvS figure) will be a success.

48 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

You're quite pessimistic.

Maybe, but being too optimistic I have committed some huge mistakes. I prefer to go low and to have a nice surprise than the reverse case.

And I insist that SH genre seems quite predictable in China. 600-800m Yuan is the range where every SH film, excepting Avengers, lands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly though If this falls short of $600m it would be a bit of a dissapointment. At least If DCEU really wants to be competitive with Marvel and other top-notch overseas franchises.

In no way would a BvS like performance will be considered bad, but when you have all your heroes all together the numbers they will pull feels like the max you can really do, and nowadays $500m OS is not anything extraordinary. Thor is about to pull such a number and it is only a standalone installment.

14 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Honestly though If this falls short of $600m it would be a bit of a dissapointment. At least If DCEU really wants to be competitive with Marvel and other top-notch overseas franchises.

In no way would a BvS like performance will be considered bad, but when you have all your heroes all together the numbers they will pull feels like the max you can really do, and nowadays $500m OS is not anything extraordinary. Thor is about to pull such a number and it is only a standalone installment.

It should atleast perform like Spectre