CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

I thought this was an ensemble sci-fi story, not a "chosen one" thing. That said, pretty great shots and design and I love Denis. We shall see. I wish the trailer focused less on Chalamet and more on the larger story - didn't really sell that this is a big new thing to a general audience. 

• Like 2

I love this but that's not surprise ha ha. 

Big plus is that trailer is already much warmer than the book. 

Smart idea to beef popular faces such as Momoa and Zendaya in the trailer even though they have supporting roles.

Everyone looks spot on and Shai Hulud looks great. 

Song is awkward, though, but is also hummable. I think it'll grow on me.

It gives a good idea what the movie is about so GA should be interested. 

Really prettily shot. 

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

If you didn't know what Dune is it would feel like a very generic YA sci-fi trailer. 

THIS! there's been so many "chosen one" young adult films, people are gonna thinks this is the same.

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

The visuals look incredible, as expected. Everything else looks more generic than expected but have plenty of faith in Villeneuve and this talented cast in delivering the goods.

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, they need to sell this to a wider audience which isn't familiar with the original source material. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Looked okay. No idea what Dune is about, but looked like a "Hunger Games chosen one leads rebellion" from the trailer.

Completely agree and we all know that after The Hunger Games,  the GA became tired of this kind of story. Hence why after THG every other book series that tried this flopped.

• Like 1