CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

15 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

I just hope it doesn't overpower the movie itself. 

Based on what they said about the music at the event, it definitely won't. Villeneuve didn't want a bombastic score that is typical for big movies. he wanted alien sounds.

10 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Well, movies can be in pre-production without being really greenlit, can't they? Or at least there's no guarantee the studio doesn't bail out at some point.

This is true. Pre-production doesn't mean much. It's  easy-to-shut-down phase. That said, while I don't think that putting Part One in a title of the movie that is Part One in nature means automatically that Part Two must happen, I think that WB is committed to it no matter what. Since they are putting a significant effort to make Part One a success (festival run, big promotion). 

7 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

Oh for sure, but if they're huge fans then for them it wasn't just 10 minutes, but 10 minutes+years of buildup. I'm not sure their reactions are THAT useful as a guage for the GAs feelings for this movie, but I think it's impressive that Denis managed to somehow exceed the expectation of the most hardcore fans.

About as useful as any hardcore fandom reaction to anything. Sometimes GA is impressed too, sometimes they are not. That said, based on what is said about the second trailer, and we already saw it with the first, they are definitely selling this more to GA than die-hards. Emphasis is more on romance (hence some complaints that the first trailer looked too YA) and the usual destiny stuff rather than some more Dune-ish aspects. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elessar said:

Well, movies can be in pre-production without being really greenlit, can't they? Or at least there's no guarantee the studio doesn't bail out at some point.

For sure, but I think that + calling it part 1 suggests that they are pretty confident of the movie (way more confident than fans online!).

Just to clarify something: I don't plan to see the trailer until later tonight or tomorrow morning, as Timothee needs to be seen at an optimal time. Don't @ me, don't share clips with me, don't share GIFs with me, etc. I want...no, need to go in blind

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TMP said:

:bravo::bravo::bravo::excited::excited::excited::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Looks absolutely fantastic and like a big blockbuster! It has action, romance (even if they are straining to make it look like certain character is more in the movie than actually is), humor, stunning visuals, and straight-forward story. This is not flopping.

BTW, is it me or October has the coolest looking movies of any month this year? Bond, Halloween, Duel, Dune, Soho?

• Like 3

This trailer was excellent. I don't know how it'll go down. If a general audience might be brutally disappointed by the real film when it's not as crowd pleasing as this makes it look. But hopefully they'll at least go see it.

• Like 2