CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

HBO max is definitely stick to Dune theatrical run , the trailer further confirm that. 

I misread it and you now confirm it remains the same. I'm only worried how it will affect Denis nomination cause supposedly new AMPAS rules make hybrid releases ineligible for Director nomination only. Massive BS. I don't know what they are thinking. :rant::censored:

I'm not worried about boxoffice cause we've seen that streaming doesn't hurt boxoffice all that much. GvK did well on both. Where there's interest, there's viewership.

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I misread it and you now confirm it remains the same. I'm only worried how it will affect Denis nomination cause supposedly new AMPAS rules make hybrid releases ineligible for Director nomination only. Massive BS. I don't know what they are thinking. :rant::censored:

I'm not worried about boxoffice cause we've seen that streaming doesn't hurt boxoffice all that much. GvK did well on both. Where there's interest, there's viewership.

I think only DGA has this rule. AMPAS still allow day-to-date release. So that won't affect Dennis chance that much.

As for box office, I will be very disappointed if this make similar number as GvK.  

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

I'm not convinced streaming didn't hurt GvK. Sure it did well but how do we know it wouldn't have done even better without streaming? And especially if the virus situation globally is better in October, streaming will definitely hurt.

I don't know by how much Dune will be impacted by HBO max but for sure HBO max won't help its box office run

1 minute ago, AJG said:

That looks like every modern failed sci-fi movie stitched together. Enders Game, Jupiter Ascending, Valerian, John Carter, Power Rangers... 

I'll watch it but whatever.

I mean.... there is a reason for that.  Most sci-fi movies in the last 50 years is a rip off of Dune on some level including Star Wars.  

• Like 2

Just now, EmpireCity said:

I mean.... there is a reason for that.  Most sci-fi movies in the last 50 years is a rip off of Dune on some level including Star Wars.  

That's the same excuse they used for Valerian looking same-y.

That trailer really didn't need to be thee and a half minutes long. I hope that doesn't become a trend.

But yeah, looks suitably epic. I suspect the two jokes they chucked in were in fact the only jokes in the whole movie, but I see why they were included.

I'd still be surprised if this makes a lot of money.

Edited by Hatebox

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm only worried how it will affect Denis nomination cause supposedly new AMPAS rules make hybrid releases ineligible for Director nomination only. 

No it doesn't. It affects his ability to get a DGA nom, which might have an impact but a disqualification like this is unprecedented and a WGA disqualification hasn't prevented writers from winning screenplay so who knows?

16 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I think only DGA has this rule. AMPAS still allow day-to-date release. So that won't affect Dennis chance that much.

As for box office, I will be very disappointed if this make similar number as GvK.  

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No it doesn't. It affects his ability to get a DGA nom, which might have an impact but a disqualification like this is unprecedented and a WGA disqualification hasn't prevented writers from winning screenplay so who knows?

Ah, OK. Thanks. Well, DGA never goes 5 for 5 with AMPAS so he could get nominated without DGA nom. 

18 minutes ago, AJG said:

That looks like every modern failed sci-fi movie stitched together. Enders Game, Jupiter Ascending, Valerian, John Carter, Power Rangers... 

I'll watch it but whatever.

I'm really not seeing how you're getting John Carter or Valerian from the trailer, considering one of the main compaints is the muted color pallete, which could not be more different than those movies.

Great trailer and great reactions all over the internet.

This is not going to bomb, i'm not expecting huge numbers considering the new variant and HBO Max, but it is going to do well. This trailer not only is acessible for GP, but also screams "see it in theaters", and have enough action, romance, even some jokes. 

The BR2049 comparissons should die here, these movies aren't similar at all.

Edited by ThomasNicole

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

The orginal Dune flopped at the box office. This may not be that bad but I can't see it being a big hit.

This should have been an HBO series   where box office doesn't matter.

Well the movie are terrible too and hated by audiences, of course it flopped 

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The BR2049 compatissions should die here, these movies aren't similar at all.

I think that's a tad disingenuous, but either way if this movie is on par with BR2049 then good  - I'll enjoy it a great deal. 

Where are the colors? This looks so bad, I am sorry. 

Also, movie seems very convoluted. I am familiar with Dune and will probably watch the movie but marketing is not giving anything exciting to me. 

This aside, Jason Momoa is a scene stealer. Zendaya is nice. Don't care about Timmy.