CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

WB commits to a lot of franchises that don't wins up going anywhere. Remember Ava Duvernays New Gods movie? Or about the other 70 percent of DC movies that they announce, attach talent to and then never materialize?

This is not only a WB movie, it's Legendary movie too.

And they clearly come with some deal with Villeneuve to make him accept the day and date release.

We don't know what happened but the answer is not on a december article.

Edited by ThomasNicole

15 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

5M on YouTube, almost 4M on twitter, official accounts only.

Seems good, not very distant of Shang Chi second trailer for example. (Also way better than Suicide Squad second and third trailers)

Thanks! :)

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

As others have pointed out, this movie is produced by Legendary. WB are just the distributors. Considering the recent talks that Legendary might be selling, it’s possible that if a sequel ever gets made, it won’t even be distributed by WB. 

I think a distribution deal with WB has already been set for both movies (espescially if they are explicitly calling this part 1). It's just that it WB won't be involved with this franchise creatively.

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

That shot really stood out to me - and not in a good way. 

1) The WW1984 vibes are real (not that it's a huge deal).

2) Whatever they're doing vfx-wise with the face looks like it's straight out of a video game cutscene (hopefully they clean it up a bit for release).

3) It gives me "final shot" vibes - an unfortunate trend in a couple of recent trailers. Haven't read the book in years and have no idea where they're splitting, so could be wrong.

Edited by daftcat

Re: Wonder Tim. This is not a big book spoiler, and most people who aren't familiar with the book or Lynch movie likely figured it out 

it's a vision of the future. At this point in the story, Paul hasn't lived on Dune long enough to have spice saturation and develop blues-within-blues. Nor the scene looks like anything that fits part 1. Point being, it's gonna be a short scene, most likely like Dark Rey from TROS. Not enough to break the movie. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Much better cut trailer and some good footage in there for sure but in terms of story and tone it looks very much like a generic sci-fi action movie with a bunch of gadgets and exposition mumbo jumbo. If this exact trailer and cast was in a movie directed by Joseph Kosinski instead of Denis Villeneuve, it would pretty much look like any other mid-April sci-fi flick like Oblivion that is forgotten a week later. That said, I'm kind of making an argument that a good movie would be bad if directed by a shitty director, which you can make about any movie ever. STILL - all I'm saying is that nothing about this screams Oscar/fall film festival to me, just good action flick. 

8 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

As others have pointed out, this movie is produced by Legendary. WB are just the distributors. Considering the recent talks that Legendary might be selling, it’s possible that if a sequel ever gets made, it won’t even be distributed by WB. 

In theory that'd reduce the odds of a sequel happening

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Much better cut trailer and some good footage in there for sure but in terms of story and tone it looks very much like a generic sci-fi action movie with a bunch of gadgets and exposition mumbo jumbo. If this exact trailer and cast was in a movie directed by Joseph Kosinski instead of Denis Villeneuve, it would pretty much look like any other mid-April sci-fi flick like Oblivion that is forgotten a week later. That said, I'm kind of making an argument that a good movie would be bad if directed by a shitty director, which you can make about any movie ever. STILL - all I'm saying is that nothing about this screams Oscar/fall film festival to me, just good action flick. 

Kinda agreed but i think this feeling is what WB is aiming.

The book is very complex, sell it was always tricky. They decide to cut a very expositive trailer that dry the plot to make it look simple and clear in 3 minutes, appealing to general audience with the big scale, action and star cast.

I think it's the best decision honestly to market it, otherwise it would be too vague (like the teaser) or a confusing mess.

17 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Damn a lot of people overnight became insiders into all these secret deals and greenlights apparently

I’m getting flashbacks to MOS, BVS, TLJ, ROTS, etc. 

good times!

11 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

Just because I don't think we've had QUITE enough hype over the past few days.

Someone praising a WB film months before release is like a curse at this point.