CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

Venice has been quite US-friendly in recent years. Even without a win, Dune will certainly get some prestigious status. Problem is October schedule is way too crowded for a "relatively" straight out of gate film like Dune, not to mention HBO max shit is still going on  

If they keep the date and it get released on HBO Max day on date, i think Legendary and Villeneuve will convince Warner to approve the sequel before the first one drops arguing that no matter how the movie perform, it´s a victim of both pandemic + HBO Max and they can´t use the numbers to decide on a sequel, so they need to approve it before.

I would put this as condition to finally agreed with their simultaneous release plan.

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

If they keep the date and it get released on HBO Max day on date, i think Legendary and Villeneuve will convince Warner to approve the sequel before the first one drops arguing that no matter how the movie perform, it´s a victim of both pandemic + HBO Max and they can´t use the numbers to decide on a sequel, so they need to approve it before.

I would put this as condition to finally agreed with their simultaneous release plan.

It's up to Legendary to green-light a sequel.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Why would any film production company agree to that though? If it bombs, it bombs. Whether the circumstances contributed to it or not, there’s just no business sense in Legendary greenlighting a sequel to something that may underperform.

Lets just hope for the best and that it doesn’t bomb.

9 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

What can they gain from this?

Distance. They were releasing between Venom and Bond which was a bad bad release date. This one is bad but not as much. Anyway Dune is a flop wherever it comes out.

It's the next In The Heights where Twitter will not represent real life.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

What can they gain from this?

It's a pretty good date, i said somewhere here months ago that they should go for this date.

On October 1st will be just between Venom and Bond and certainly will suffer because of that.

On October 22 both Venom and Bond will have most of their money already and Dune will have full 2 weeks without any big competition before Eternals on November 6.

• Like 2