CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

True though both movies are distributed by WB and only one is their big awards pony. So they wouldn't mind if he called that one the best movie ever. It isn't a conflict of interest, quite the contrary. 

I'm not really trying to imply it's a conflict of interests or something, more that if it's just empty hype he'd do the same for TSS, so there seems to be something to it.

Edited by Last Man Standing

41 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

I'm not really trying to imply it's a conflict of interests or something, more that if it's just empty hype he'd do the same for TSS, so there seems to be something to it.

I've no doubt that Dune is amazing and praise justified, just saying that given it's from the same house like TSS and big things are expected of it (that aren't of TSS), he can comfortably praise it without undermining TSS or sabotaging another studio movie (if, lets say, the presser was for a non-WB movie). And is most likely given a go-ahead in case he was asked about it.

On 8/1/2021 at 10:14 AM, lorddemaxus said:

The buzz around the film is the scale and spectacle, which definitely attracts a wide audience. If people wanted "emotions" and "story", the highest grossing movie of all time would not be Avatar (or any blockbuster in fact).

Titanic says hello

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 10:23 AM, lorddemaxus said:

Nah, I'm right. Do show me any piece of marketing that focuses on the "emotion". Everything focused on 3d and the spectacle of the film. 

Also, 2001 A Space Odyssey was a hit. 

Avatars main trailer had 2 smurfs making out. It shows the stakes and emotion, It sbecame the biggest film of all time. Films don't become the biggest movie of all time without inflicting an emotional response from the audience. Avatar and Titanic most certainly did that

8 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Avatars main trailer had 2 smurfs making out. It shows the stakes and emotion, It sbecame the biggest film of all time. Films don't become the biggest movie of all time without inflicting an emotional response from the audience. Avatar and Titanic most certainly did that

Have you missed the love story the Dune trailers have been setting up?