CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

19 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Oy, from Bale rumor to this try-hard. They couldn't find a shorter guy to play Tall Duke. At least shorty Cruise has star power unlike this one. 

@TMP Nicole Kidman is 6 years older than her "younger son" Patrick Wilson who's 6 years older than his "older brother" Jason Momoa. :lol:

But those Aquaman's characters are not humans / fully humans, means they might age in another ay 😉

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

But those Aquaman's characters are not humans / fully humans, means they might age in another ay 😉

true though in Dune case, Bene Gesserit look youthful for very long time so Ferguson is perfect, Timmy looks younger than his age, while Isaac looks well in 40s especially when he lets his salt and pepper hair show (he dyes his hair for Star wars). 

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

yeah, Bale was rumored since yesterday. It was a big overnight thing or something.

I'm pretty sure that was just because there were a lot of shots of them chatting it up at the SAG awards on Sunday. :lol:

Anyway, cast keeps getting better for this. Happy to see Isaac has finally landed a promising-sounding project again.

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm pretty sure that was just because there were a lot of shots of them chatting it up at the SAG awards on Sunday. :lol:

Anyway, cast keeps getting better for this. Happy to see Isaac has finally landed a promising-sounding project again.

They're talking about the new Nolan. I feel it.

The Dune cast is impeccable.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

I was actually reading an interview from a few months ago that Oscar Isaac, after having finished filming Star Wars Episode IX, stated that he was planning to take a year long break from acting, so to have this project pull him back in, when he had initially decided to take a break, speaks volumes on how much potential for greatness this project has. At least, in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Kinda off topic but should I read Anna Karerina? I read before that you could get a decent understanding of how to read people and their motives, feelings, etc. from reading that book and Dune.

At a guess, you'd gain a better understanding of reading people and their motives by being around people, not reading novels about Machiavellian folks.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, Merkel said:

I could more easily picture Oscar Isaac as Duncan, actually

I don't know whether they plan to stop with Dune but if they want to go forward with Dune sequels, assuming Dune Pt 1 and 2 do well enough, Duncan is a big player so maybe they want to cast someone who can carry the movies. 

Also, isn't Duncan black? I always thought he was. 

Edited by Valonqar

12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Also, isn't Duncan black? I always thought he was. 

dark face can mean a lot of possibilities

I encountered ppl in RL that called e.g. Andalusians as having a dark face. Darker than the average of the surrounding.

Or POC, it seems to depend on in which connections/situation. Only counting for my region, I can imagine a person living in Asia too has dark variations, and so on. Mountain folks seem to be often described as 'dark' too

Edited by terrestrial

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

nah, Timothee's rival Lucas Hedges for Feyd. ;) though Brad playing a teenager is an intriguing casting. :lol:

Booooring.  This movie needs at least one "star" cameo.  Is FEYD supposed to be a teenager?? 

(No, I haven't read the books...I'm just an obsessive fan of Lynch's disowned-movie)

Edited by Macleod

Duncan is based in the Irish name Donnchadh, meaning brown warrior, dark warrior, or dark-haired warrior, brown chieftain/noble.... 

Just remembered that bcs Duncan MacLoad / Connor MacLoad in Highlander movie and TV-series, I found it always funny that he got an Irish name as a Scotsman

But it was matching there too, as Duncan MacLoad was 'dark' in comparison to Connor.

What was a bit unbelievable was the use of the name Connor, as that also is an Irish name and at the time of Connor's birth I do not think a simple family has a reason to give him an Irish name.

• Like 1