CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

On 6/18/2020 at 8:02 PM, TerwillikerInst said:

lol, I like how brings up TROS as a positive comparison.

He didn't bring up TROS, he brought up Star Wars. He was in three films, and no doubt all three had some additional shooting. Reshoots don't equal "massive last minute retooling in post-production", they often are mundane things like missing shots or scenes they find they need in editing (called pick-up shots), or alterations to existing shot scenes.

Edited by Ithil
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ithil said:

He didn't bring up TROS, he brought up Star Wars. He was in three films, and no doubt all three had some additional shooting. Reshoots don't equal "massive last minute retooling in post-production", they often are mundane things like missing shots or scenes they find they need in editing (called pick-up shots), or alterations to existing shot scenes.

I work in the film industry, I am aware of what reshoots are like. I was making a joke about the extensive reshoots and notoriously troubled production on his last SW movie. 

Edited by TerwillikerInst

26 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

TROS just had normal reshoots, they had no time for extensive reshoots , anything you read online was total bs

But... I'm also reading this...online... 🤯

:Edit: In all seriousness I probably should have worded that comment better. I meant extensive in the sense that the changes to the story created by the reshoots were reportedly extensive. 

I know the cast, crew, and studio have said they weren't and that it was a very smooth production but precedence suggests its prudent to take that with a big grain of salt. Justice League anyone?

Edited by TerwillikerInst

On 7/16/2020 at 5:22 PM, TerwillikerInst said:

But... I'm also reading this...online... 🤯

:Edit: In all seriousness I probably should have worded that comment better. I meant extensive in the sense that the changes to the story created by the reshoots were reportedly extensive. 

I know the cast, crew, and studio have said they weren't and that it was a very smooth production but precedence suggests its prudent to take that with a big grain of salt. Justice League anyone?

Let's not forget "Solo" where they had to reshoot almost every scene with Hans Solo after Ron Howard took over.

On 7/16/2020 at 8:10 PM, Ryan Reynolds said:

TROS just had normal reshoots, they had no time for extensive reshoots , anything you read online was total bs

TROS was undergoing re-shoots in October and Adam Driver was doing voice audio changes in his closet in mid November.  I don't think its safe to say production was smooth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Knights of Ren said:

TROS was undergoing re-shoots in October and Adam Driver was doing voice audio changes in his closet in mid November.  I don't think its safe to say production was smooth. 

they had a late start cause the director was fired, any reshoots were going be close to release , some directors tinker until the movie premieres. Its well documented and highlighted by JJ during TFA commentary how they reshot many scenes at Bad Robot and not a real set. That is just how he works.

Hearing about how painful it was to edit and score remotely... i hope the movie is not compromised because of that. :(

Otherwise, very inspiring to listen to one of the best directors working today.

Edited by Elessar

32 minutes ago, Maggie said:

WTF No sandworms in the first movie?  at 3:20 he's asked about it and he says no worms. That would be a HUGE mistake

Well, that's news...

Dunno about huge mistake, it's not like the story revolves around these worms. You gotta do without them in the marketing, though. They make for a nice money shot i'd imagine...

I just hope we get to the sequel. It would be a shame otherwise.

Also, 300 effects shots for a movie of that type and scale? Doesn't sound like much.