CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Batman goes to Thanksgiving, Beasts 3 will either be canned or go to 2022.

If Batman is ready by then.....which is in doubt given the possibility of another long virus related shutdown in filming as the Covid situation seems to be worsening in the UK.

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

As others have said, wouldn’t it have made more sense to move this to November, while letting The Batman keep the October slot? Jesus, what is going on in the heads of those WB executives? Why do they keep consistently making so many boneheaded decisions?

Why does it matter which month which film is released in?

October and November have both proved successful for new, big-budget science fiction in recent years.

Batman will do fantastically whichever month of the year it's released in.

Edited by Avatree

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

Gotta say it's weird they didn't move it to December, unless they really do have bigger plans for The Batman

Oct is a good month for awards hopefuls. Joker and Gravity did really well in that slot plus had insane boxoffice runs. Though these 2 also went the festival route so buzz built through September for their October release. Unless Dune becomes a festival player first, it might not capitalize on October as much. We'll see. Again, it's a strong month for awards hopefuls.

That said, it remains to be seen where they are going to put The Batman. If it gets more awardsy date than they might have more faith in that one. 

39 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Why does it matter which month which film is released in?

October and November have both proved successful for new, big-budget science fiction in recent years.

Batman will do fantastically whichever month of the year it's released in.

I‘m saying that I don’t understand why WB would prioritize a 2021 release for Fantastic Beasts 3 over The Batman.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I‘m saying that I don’t understand why WB would prioritize a 2021 release for Fantastic Beasts 3 over The Batman.

Where are people getting the idea that anything's being prioritized at the moment?  Circumstances and release dates are changing every day.  Wait for more dominoes to fall...as they will.  I don't think Warner Bros. has even "officially announced production" on FB3 yet, have they?  Think about that...leaves the window open for a "production on hold" or obviously release date shifts. 

Edited by Macleod

4 hours ago, Cap said:

oh, no. How will @Eric the Friendly Ghost survive?

suggestion:

chris evans colin GIF

I will never divert from my Chalanism beliefs. 😠

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Who's to say Fantastic Beasts is staying in 2021? It's had even less filming done than The Batman and if there's anything we should have learned this year, it's that release dates are very flexible. The only reason they haven't moved it is because there's no real need to make an announcement yet in the same way there is for something like Dune.

Anyways, I was gunning for a mid-May release date a la Fury Road, but who the hell knows if a blockbuster can play at that time? This is a safe release date and one I think there's value in, since plenty of movies have done well in similar release date frames. I also think there's more commercial appeal than 2049, so don't get me started with that nonsense.

4 hours ago, Elessar said:

With the pandemic getting worse in Europe and probably elsewhere this was expected. Would have preferred December 2021, though.

And Batman has been moved to March of 2022.

I think the possiblity of further filming delays uin filming due to the Corona virus is a reason for this. Those additional months gives Warners an margin of safety.

I think all release dates should be considered on a day to day,subject to change without notice basis.

28 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The best Batman movie was set in Christmas though.

It didn’t release in Christmas though. 

I feel like spectacle and or humor works best for holiday blockbusters.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord