CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

5 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I do not know why you do not see them, but there are lots of YT channels showing it. Big-ish (3 million) and ~ small (Dune trailer views over 100k) channels.

In addition there are quite some reaction and breakdown clips with over 100k views too, those might even have a bigger impact than the sole trailers (in general), at least for a part of the potential viewers..

Warner was blocking the trailer in other accounts,

Imagen

______

And most important they are using ads (funny that this important fact is not mentioned), that's the reason why the low likes for Dune despite the high views on the warner channels. They didn't use youtube ads for the Batman trailer

Batman trailer was viral, Dune it's not and it's not remotely close to the batman trailer views

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+batman&sp=CAMSBAgEEAE%3D

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dune&sp=CAMSBAgEEAE%3D

Edited by Lighthouse

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Warner was blocking the trailer in other accounts,

- snip -

______

And most important they are using ads (funny that this important fact is not mentioned), that's the reason why the low likes for Dune despite the high views on the warner channels. They didn't use youtube ads for the Batman trailer

1. I never commented on how to interpret the view counts

2. my post is about the wording ~ no other / nothing beside....

I can see the trailer at non WB channels, e.g. this one ( 3 million views, 38k thumbs up, 2k thumbs down, moenytized)

Movie coverage, KinoCheck, IGN, Nerdist, One Media, Filmselect, (all of those at least 500k) also show the trailer still, for more checking my interest into viewing counts is (for the moment, as still at work), not big enough

I do not understand why people try to compare Batman‘s and Dune‘s viewing counts as I think the aimed at viewer differ e.g. age-wise at least in part, and at least the people I know who are also older tend to do way less repeat views than at least a part of the younger ones (only based on observations in general / over the decades in my surrounding). In addition the Batman franchise reached per animated, TV-series, comics, and count of filmed movie versions a way broader and bigger amount of potential viewers, hence why e.g I‘d never even contemplate a comparison.

8 hours ago, The Gotham Bank said:

I feel like I'm the only one on the internet who doesn't care about Zendaya.

You are not alone, never seen her in anything, or, if she was in a scene of something I’ve seen, not seen in a way I’d actually would remember her.

Never watched completely the Spider-Man movies (I zipped through a couple of those), the only other project she is in I might have watched was the one with Hugh Jackman, but I didn’t like what I read about the person HJ’s character is based on, so again a ‘missed opportunity’.

Zendaya is good casting for the role, but I don't get the media fascination with her.

I think Warners still has not decided what to do for December:I think they are in a holding patter for a couple of weeks. I know that either WW84 or Dune will move..even without the virus having them open within a week of each other is idiotic....and woul dnot be surprised if both move. The Virus that Stole the Christmas Movie Season.

46 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

Dune is being released in a sea of sequels, regardless of genre. It will grab the attention of the people seeking a new adventure. Does that mean it will be successful? No. It just means it has an edge.

A lot of us thought the same thing about Detective Pikachu, but that movie only did okay. 

On 9/21/2020 at 6:10 PM, ThePhasmid said:

Dune is being released in a sea of sequels, regardless of genre. It will grab the attention of the people seeking a new adventure. Does that mean it will be successful? No. It just means it has an edge.

The possibility of a long term franchise is a Main reason why Warners took the plunge on Dune. The seconf fllm is not realy a sequel...it's the second half of the first novel...but Heaven knows there are enough Dune novles for a long long franchise.

On 9/22/2020 at 2:10 AM, ThePhasmid said:

That's why Tenet has done so amazingly.

• Haha 2

I think my main problem with the Dune trailer is one that has plagued a lot of recent underperforming sci-fi blockbusters; it already expects the audience to know and care about the plot, world, and characters of the property it's adapting. 

Time and again, studios (especially this one) keep mistaking the heaps of attention and praise they get from geeks and stans for something that will translate into significant real world numbers. It rarely does. 

Edited by TerwillikerInst
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

That's a really good point. I can easily follow the trailer cause I'm the book nerd but it's different for uninitiated who neither read the book nor watched Lynch movie and/or mini series.

Yeah, I asked my sister who's never read the books and she thought it was some YA novel at first till she realized it actually looked good and the sandworm.

Plus now she wants to see it for Chalamet :hahaha:

22 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Yeah, I asked my sister who's never read the books and she thought it was some YA novel at first till she realized it actually looked good and the sandworm.

Plus now she wants to see it for Chalamet :hahaha:

Duh! ha ha excellent casting that broadens the appeal. Dune's gonna be a smash. Since Tenet didn't do all that hot critically and fandom reception-wise, Dune is now WB's next tentpole with awards aspirations.