CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

On 12/7/2020 at 6:24 AM, SpiderByte said:

Guess the WB Legendary partnership just came to an abrupt end

Just the first. A lot of lawuits will result from Warner's decision.

I can't blame the production companies. They are looking at taking a huge hit in income from the Warners decision.

On 12/11/2020 at 9:08 AM, TMP said:

AT&T NEEDS to back-track on this decision.

I am a little surprised the legal department did not warn them about the huge legal problems the decision could cause.

IMHO Warners did offer some kind of compensation , but Legendary found it nowhere near enough. I suspect many more lawsuits will follow.

28 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

I would hope this would get a franchise.  Star Wars needs some competition in the space department.

25 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

What about the blue people? 

Andorians-or-are-they.png?fit=740,%2B999

Already covered on the TV side of things by a different franchise. 👍

Edited by Porthos

30 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

I would hope this would get a franchise.  Star Wars needs some competition in the space department.

Gunn coming for that holiday special is basically a sign of war tbh   

Spoiler

Is joke. I wish I didn’t feel like I needed this part of the post, lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

I don't think WB can backtrack so easily. It will enrage those who subscribed to their streaming service.

WB has already backtracked on some, and more are coming.   

Dmaned if you do, damned if you don’t... almost like the initial announcement of 17 movies was a huge unforced error.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

WB has already backtracked on some, and more are coming.   

Dmaned if you do, damned if you don’t... almost like the initial announcement of 17 movies was a huge unforced error.

I'd be happy if they change their mind. I'm all for the theatrical experience, i am just saying i don't think WB can easily change their mind

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I'd be happy if they change their mind. I'm all for the theatrical experience, i am just saying i don't think WB can easily change their mind

I don’t think they’ll do it easily either. More like kicking and screaming, on an individual basis, for as few movies as they possible can.    

Atm I’m think about a dozen stay on the hybrid model when all the dust settles, but if it goes poorly enough in Xmas+2021 Q1 and they see that the recovery is proceeding well could end up in single digits.

Edited by WandaLegion
  • Like 3

Having just finished reading the book, i can say that this movie would have been a flop in theatres. Totally inaccessible, too much exposition and stuff you need to know, almost no action (maybe the movie added more and overall not a very interesting story (my opinion). After the first act the story drags. It is very reminiscent to other sci fi movies. I know this was the original but mainstream audiences do not care about that. It did remind me very much of star wars. It even had an Emperor! I also find the lead character Paul to be not very likeable and very emotionally detached which i know he must be but still makes it not a fun character to follow. I love Zendaya so i hope her role is expanded because her character in the book is not at all interesting. The only character i liked was Lady Jessica and i totally saw rebecca Ferguson as her so i am excited for that