CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/denis-villeneuve-dune-reboot-legendary-pictures-1201929280/

Sources tell Variety that Villeneuve is in early talks to direct Legendary’s “Dune” reboot for the company. Legendary has not commented on the news.

Prior to the Thanksgiving holiday, Legendary closed a deal to the rights with the Frank Herbert estate for his iconic novel granting the production entity not only rights to film but also TV-based projects on the sci-fi property.

The projects would be produced by Thomas Tull, Mary Parent, and Cale Boyter, with Brian Herbert, Byron Merritt, and Kim Herbert serving as executive producers.

• Like 1

Dammit. If he is so much into sci-fi please give him a Star wars gig...that would be something.

I know he likes moody dark stuff with not much showy stuff and Dune fits that category, but common...stretch yourself. Go full commercial with some big franchise like Star Wars.

Frankly, I doubt Legendary will let him do things his way. They would want a more commerically appealing movie that launches a franchise and Dennis movies are far from that.

Edited by marveldcfox

4 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Dammit. If he is so much into sci-fi please give him a Star wars gig...that would be something.

I know he likes moody dark stuff with not much showy stuff and Dune fits that category, but common...stretch yourself. Go full commercial with some big franchise like Star Wars.

Frankly, I doubt Legendary will let him do things his way. They would want a more commerically appealing movie that launches a franchise and Dennis movies are far from that.

I don't think he's a particularly good fit for Star Wars. However, he does seem like a great fit for DUNE.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Woah, if Blade Runner is great then take my money. 

As if Legendary hires filmmakers based on previous stellar reputations...  ;)

He's probably one of the best they've hired, though...yeah.

Edited by Macleod

Three major sci-fi movies in a row, two of them huge nerd properties, the man really is gonna have as many insufferable fanboys as Nolan does now. Ah, the passage of time. And some of us are gonna be there stubbornly arguing that Enemy and Sicario are still his best work, dammit.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Three major sci-fi movies in a row, two of them huge nerd properties, the man really is gonna have as many insufferable fanboys as Nolan does now. Ah, the passage of time. And some of us are gonna be there stubbornly arguing that Enemy and Sicario are still his best work, dammit.

Incendies is his best IMO

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Gonna? you must not have been on the movie sections of reddit recently. the movie bro types have crawled up this dude's ass QUICK.

Thankfully I never have. Can't say this makes me want to.

Good for him that he's getting these opportunities, anyway. 

• Like 2