CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

52 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I loved BR2049, but this better not be like that. This is different, no slow pacing. I'm curios about the trailer. I want the colors to pop.

Dune is a slow build up. People talk. A lot. And they walk. A Lot. There are several action and fight scenes scenes but it isn't an action story. It's philosophical and that aspect is important. They made some changes that should be for the better. Some characters that are introduced in the first half of the book will be introduced in the second movie . That balances out their number per movie and makes them easier to follow. 

49 minutes ago, grim22 said:

They won't once this flops. Or maybe straight to HBO Max

It won't flop. I honestly think that GA will be engaged.  It's a family drama in a nutshell and that's accessible. Dune writing style is less accessible than the story itself. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

They won't once this flops. Or maybe straight to HBO Max

If Part one flops ,there won't be a Part 2, and"Dune" will have the reputation of being a  cursed property as far as film goes.

As for the "Warners  will do part 2 regardless for the prestige" there are a lot cheaper ways for WB to get a prestige award bait film. Studios don't spend as much as Warners is spending on "DUne" just for prestige. They are hoping for a whole franchise in addition to the first flm making money.giving how many sequels to "Dune " there are. (IMHO the quality went down fact after the third book "Children of Dune" but that is a beside the point, the sequels sold like crazy).

• Like 1

WB would be kind of nuts to release this before theaters in America fully go back to normal capacity. If a big Nolan property is still struggling to get people back and Disney doesn't seem to even want to risk their huge well known names, I just think it's setting this up to fail to release it when it already needed every bit of help it could get. Are people really going to respond to word of mouth these days... like hey you NEED to see this movie seriously go risk your life!

• Like 1

We all know the entire industry will face a big loss next year with box office, numbers won't suddenly just go back to 2019 level

Unless this gross something like $ 200M worldwide which is truly terrible, the sequel will be made, it doesn't need to make much more than probably $ 450-500M anymore to green light a sequel

Especially because well, they will never know how much more it could do if it wasn't for this whole situation

But they really should delay this, i mean, after seeing Tenet numbers (DOM), they really can't complain if they keep the december date

39 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Guys, have you read the latest news? It's a nightmare. I don't think Dune or anything else will release this year. Next year doesn't sound good either

This is actually a normal reaction, and a expected one, this is why the tests have 3 phases, and the last phase is with a very big amount of people because they know some people have bad reactions and they need to check them before drop the medicine for the entire world.

It doesn't mean it won't work. And also "put on hold" doesn't mean anything to concern too much, it's also common, when they put on hold, they still keep tracking everyone involved with the tests, they just don't bring anyone else to be tested.

This type of write it's just because everyone is very anxious about it, and well, this bring clicks

• Like 9

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I can see this film going either way at the box office. I am not going t omake any predictions on this point.I think declaring it DOA and saying it will be another LOTR are both really premature at this point.

Anyone comparing this to LOTR is out of their mind. Since LOTR the only book series to penetrate popular culture to the point that LOTR is Harry Potter. Dune wouldn’t even be in the next 50....

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Don't think this makes any money really. Just hope it doesn't ruin too many careers...

Remember what i said about Aaron Taylor Johnson being the kiss of death for a movie? Well, I think Rebecca Ferguson is another angel of death. I think she's great, but Her projects are all doomed.

Also Colin Farrell with The Batman, but that's another discussion for another time. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

16 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Remember what i said about Aaron Taylor Johnson being the kiss of death for a movie? Well, I think Rebecca Ferguson is another angel of death. I think she's great, but Her projects are all doomed*.

*If you exclude the mission impossible one or one of the absolute biggest movie phenomenon of the 2010 that was The Greatest Showman.

Colin Farrell lost that status of kiss of death in supporting role a good while ago.

12 hours ago, Maggie said:

Remember what i said about Aaron Taylor Johnson being the kiss of death for a movie? Well, I think Rebecca Ferguson is another angel of death. I think she's great, but Her projects are all doomed.

Also Colin Farrell with The Batman, but that's another discussion for another time. 😁

:rolleyes:

Rebecca Ferguson sure kissed The Last Showman and MI movies to death...oh wait!

33 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Well, i'm not talking only about box office. Critical reception too. It was not that greatly received. 😎

Mission Impossible Fallout is also one of the best reviewed big budget films of the century, what are you on about

13 hours ago, Maggie said:

I actually don't think Aaron Taylor-Johnson is a kiss of death for films, either. I think this because he hasn't really been in enough films to say for sure. He has films like Godzilla and Avengers: Age of Ultron, which were both hits; Kick-Ass was his originator, and that did well enough to receive a sequel. Is he associated with films that could've done better box office? Sure. But circumstances surrounding each film project would probably be more to blame than the actor himself. Tenet had to deal with Covid-19, The Wall was a small war thriller and a tough sell, Nocturnal Animals was, er, 'esoteric,' and therefore a tough sell... So yeah. I'd think after Tenet and The King's Man, we'll see him reemerge as a strong supporting player for many films.