CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, they need to sell this to a wider audience which isn't familiar with the original source material. 

I disagree. To sell this to a wider audience it's necessary to make people understand why this is such a beloved story. That doesn't really come across in this trailer, it just looks like Hunger Games in space to people who don't know Dune. And people are pretty much tired of those sorts of movies by this point. 

• Like 3

watched this over and over. It really bring the book to life. Momoa is a standout and no wonder they cast him as Duncan who is the main hero in the books after Children of Dune. if they are hoping for a long lasting franchise which I'm not sure they'll get but casting is perfect so more power to them. 

What everyone calls generic I call accessible. 

I'm pretty excited, but I've been that way for a while, given Villeneuve and the cast. The trailer is good. It isn't mind-blowing or anything, but I'm not at all familiar with the story (I haven't read the book), so I don't know if we ought to expect a trailer like that (if it's more character driven vs action driven, etc). I'm pretty much always going to check out a Villeneuve movie.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

I'm pretty excited, but I've been that way for a while, given Villeneuve and the cast. The trailer is good. It isn't mind-blowing or anything, but I'm not at all familiar with the story (I haven't read the book), so I don't know if we ought to expect a trailer like that (if it's more character driven vs action driven, etc). I'm pretty much always going to check out a Villeneuve movie.

Peace,

Mike

Yes, this is what a book fan would expect. It's perfect. :)

• Like 1

Eh, the trailer was alright. Even in normal times, doesn't scream to me "holiday breakout hit".

As someone who had 0 familiarity with Blade Runner prior to the marketing for 2049, and has 0 familiarity with Dune, but has been a huge fan of Denis Villeneuve since I watched "Prisoners" in 2013, this trailer was far less appealing than any of the trailers for BR2049. This just doesn't grab me. I don't know if it's the sprawling cast, dreary visuals (especially compared to 2049, which was vibrant despite being a futuristic dystopia) or the high-concept nature of the source material, or a mix of it all, but I'm honestly a little disappointed.

• Like 1