CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

At this point i just want the trailer. I'm too stupid to find the leak, dunno if i should even watch a crappy cam-rip, might as well wait a few more days for the full trailer...

I have a pretty good quality link. want?

New stills: Duncan vs 19 Sardaukar! :bravo: Momoa casting is a stroke of genius. Everyone looks great. 

Edited by Valonqar

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 7:54 AM, Plain Old Tele said:

The IMAX certification is mostly just branding. The Alexa LF is a full-sensor large format camera; similar to the Alexa-65 (though that’s wider since it was designed to emulate a traditional 65mm camera). The LF sensor is significantly larger than 4-perf 35mm — though of course it’s also significantly smaller than 15/70 film. 

If you’re shooting digitally, most of these large format digital cameras should yield

a nice image comparable to each other. 

So it's something like what happened with Cinerama after "How The West Was Won": the "Cinerama " movies were not shot in the actual three camera Cinerama process but were shot on standard 65mm widescreen then "blown up" or otherwise adapted to fit the Cinerama Screen?

Only two actual dramatic films were shot in the three Camera Cinerama process "Wonderful World Of The Brothers Grimm" and "How The West Was Won". All the Cinerama releases after that were "Cinerama for exhibition only" . The reason was that the three camera Cinerama filming process you needed three carefully alignred cameras for every shot proved to be too expensive and confining for standard films. (No Close Ups Possible with three cameras ). That did not really matter with the travelogue documentaries that were the Cinerama features until 1962;but it was fatal for "normal" movies. Too restrictive.

That was why for ten years no studio risked a dramatic film in Cinerama;and why, when MGM took a chance in 1961 with "Grimm " and "How The West Was Won" they insisted that the Cinerama company put up half the production money. Both films made money.."West" a lot...but the production problems killed pretty much ended Three Camera Cinerama as a filming process. It was too clumsy and restrictive for Dramatic films, and the feature length travelogues had ran their course.