CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

10 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Saw the teaser at a Tenet showing, I'm so hyped guys

I'm hyped and dreading the release at the same time. The latter because in the current climate i don't know if a movie like Dune can be successful enough. It would not have been easy before but now? I want that sequel!!!!

3 hours ago, Elessar said:

I'm hyped and dreading the release at the same time. The latter because in the current climate i don't know if a movie like Dune can be successful enough. It would not have been easy before but now? I want that sequel!!!!

I really think that Villenueva should have done what  Jackson did with LOTR...Simply don't make the movie until he had funding for both parts of the film.

I think the term Sequel in reference to the second film is a mistake...it's not a sequel, it's the second half of the novel  .you don't get anywhere near a complete story in the first film. it is like LOTR in that regard..the last two filsm are not sequels.

Not that if sucessful Dune will not have sequels...Frank herbert wrote five sequels to the first novel  not to mention the novels not written by Herbert. THat is a big reason why Warners agreed to fund this..if it's  a hit, they have a franchise that go on a long time just using published materials.

I am really looking forward to this,since neither of the other two screen/TV adaptations have been totally sucessful;the Lynch version was just to wierd and suffered from trying to cram the whole loong novel into one film.the TV  version was on the bland side. Hope VIllanueva nails it.

23 hours ago, Elessar said:

:(

Bladerunner was meant to be 2parts aswell, it hurts that I didn't get to see deni's full vision

• Sad 1

On 9/6/2020 at 2:29 PM, redfirebird2008 said:

What is the budget for this one?

Too much.  😂

It's likely that our current theatrical uncertainties will only problematize DUNE's profitability even further for Warner Bros.  ...making Part 2 seem even more nebulous.  Any chance that they had is currently in real limbo, unless they push this back a year or two...and I don't think if they will.  I think WW84 is even more likely to get pushed after this. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Too much.  😂

It's likely that our current theatrical uncertainties will only problematize DUNE's profitability even further for Warner Bros.  ...making Part 2 seem every more nebulous.  Any chance that they had is currently in real limbo, unless they push this back a year or two...and I don't think if they will.  I think WW84 is even more likely to get pushed after this. 

Stilll amazed Warners is keeping  with a agressive November December US release date, with almost eveny  midcal expert predicting a huge upsurge in the virus numbers with the coming of cold weather.

• Like 3

I think WB will make the sequel regardless. They didn't mind BR2049 dismal boxoffice since they gave Villeneuve big budget for Dune plus took the risk by splitting it in half (which is the only right decision, one movie isn't enough).  Both movies are their prestige movies rather than just blockbusters. They picked up awards nominations for BR2049 and this should do just as well or better. 

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I think WB will make the sequel regardless. They didn't mind BR2049 dismal boxoffice since they gave Villeneuve big budget for Dune plus took the risk by splitting it in half (which is the only right decision, one movie isn't enough).  Both movies are their prestige movies rather than just blockbusters. They picked up awards nominations for BR2049 and this should do just as well or better. 

Yeah...but you don't see anyone talking about a Blade Runner sequel.  Not a peep. 

Look at how long a supposed Tron "sequel" took...if it even happens.