CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

If Denis Villeneuve stays in touch with the show after ep 1 in some capacity, we could be in for something truly great and I'm excited to see everything they put out regarding Dune.

Although while I understand WB being confident in Dune being good like they were with Blade Runner 2049, I wouldn't really be that confident that Dune makes a lot of money to warrant all this other stuff just yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Although while I understand WB being confident in Dune being good like they were with Blade Runner 2049, I wouldn't really be that confident that Dune makes a lot of money to warrant all this other stuff just yet.

WB already burnt so much money on Wachowski projects, so them burning money on more big budget Denis Villeneuve pictures isn't that big of a stretch. It'll be glorious though.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TMP said:

WB already burnt so much money on Wachowski projects, so them burning money on more big budget Denis Villeneuve pictures isn't that big of a stretch. It'll be glorious though.

I can't praise WB enough for continuing to throw a bunch of money into stuff like this (let's not forget Fury Road) even though they won't be that huge in comparisons to the regular blockbusters. It just really feels like this could collapse inside itself with an entire tv-series on top of it all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I can't praise WB enough for continuing to throw a bunch of money into stuff like this (let's not forget Fury Road) even though they won't be that huge in comparisons to the regular blockbusters. It just really feels like this could collapse inside itself with an entire tv-series on top of it all.

Yep. I guess the good news is that the risk of WBStreaming originals is gonna be spread out with their HBO content like the GoT prequels or their incredible library of shows.

38 minutes ago, TMP said:

The difference is that the Wachowski's made WB  a ton of $ with the Matrix so they were rewarding and betting on an established profitable relationship.  Not the case here. But then Alcon is the one that produced and took a bath on BR 2049, not WB.

Edited by TalismanRing

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The difference is that the Wachowski's made WB  a ton of $ with the Matrix so they were rewarding and betting on an established profitable relationship.  Not the case here. But then Alcon is the one that produced and took a bath on BR 2049, not WB.

The difference is that Denis Villeneuve's made more than 2 decent movies.

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

The Matrix.

The Matrix Reloaded.

Speed Racer.

All say "Hello".  Cloud Atlas as well, if that's your thing.

In fairness i should have said "i've yet to see a good film by the Wachowskis". I havent seen Cloud Atlas or Matrix 2. I found the first one insufferable enough so no desire to see the sequels.

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Those two and not Bound:thinking:

Haven't actually ever seen it. 👍

I know that Speed Racer is a, lets say an acquired taste.  But it's just so beeping out there and different that I can't help but recommend it.

As for Reloaded, I think it gets too much crap for the cliffhanger ending as well as the reception of Revolutions.  But as a movie itself it's really really good and I think deserves to be looked at with fresh eyes.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Haven't actually ever seen it. 👍

I know that Speed Racer is a, lets say an acquired taste.  But it's just so beeping out there and different that I can't help but recommend it.

As for Reloaded, I think it gets too much crap for the cliffhanger ending as well as the reception of Revolutions.  But as a movie itself it's really really good and I think deserves to be looked at with fresh eyes.

I respect that.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

TBF he had a hit with Prisoners which was distributed by WB although that was produced by Alcon.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

39 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The Wachowskis haven't made a bad movie.  Not even Jupiter Ascending is bad.

Well, I'd say Jupiter Ascending was pretty bad, but Cloud Atlas was epic.

Edited by NCsoft