CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

20 hours ago, TMP said:

Yep. I guess the good news is that the risk of WBStreaming originals is gonna be spread out with their HBO content like the GoT prequels or their incredible library of shows.

Is WB’s TV library really that deep other than Game of Thrones and Friends?

also Dune seems to be a sole production by Legendary with WB only handling distribution, so the entire Dune universe they’re trying to build seems to be more of Legendary throwing money at Villeneuve than WB.

Edited by syntaxerror

7 minutes ago, syntaxerror said:

Big Bang Theory and the spin off is an other big one I imagine (and the classic The Wire, Sopranos)..

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Big Bang Theory is CBS, so it's not owned by WB.

And Friends was on NBC I imagine there is a difference between who distribute in a specific region (in my country the show was on CTV I think) and who own it ?

Big Bang Theory picture were pretty much always present on the Warner annual report, so I assumed it was WB television produced.

Wikipedia say:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Bang_Theory

Production company(s)
Distributor Warner Bros. Television Distribution

According to wiki:

Warner Bros. Television controls the online rights for the show.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, TMP said:

WB already burnt so much money on Wachowski projects, so them burning money on more big budget Denis Villeneuve pictures isn't that big of a stretch. It'll be glorious though.

And if Dune is a hit, I repeat, they got a FIlm Franchise on their hands with all the Dune novels that have been published. Could easily get as many films out of it as they did out of Harry Potter.

And then you have the potential spinoffs..like the rumored Bene Gesserit TV series...

Edited by dudalb

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And then you have the potential spinoffs..like the rumored Bene Gesserit TV series...

It's been given a straight to series order with the film's screen-writer working on it along with Denis

• Like 1

2 hours ago, syntaxerror said:

also Dune seems to be a sole production by Legendary with WB only handling distribution, so the entire Dune universe they’re trying to build seems to be more of Legendary throwing money at Villeneuve than WB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Warner_Bros._Television_programs

This does not include the HBO shows, which is apparently done by a different division of Warners.

But, yeah, it's pretty deep. Warners was the first studio to get into TV bigtime in the early 50's;at a time when the other big studios were still hating on TV for that it had done to their business, Jack Warner wisely decided TV was too big to fight and went the "if you can't beat them, join them" with great success..so great that the other major studios held their noses and went into TV production.

• Like 1

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/07/29/exclusive-denis-villenueves-dune-film-to-gender-swap-liet-kynes/

Chani's dad becomes Chani's mom. I'm Ok with that. Though the description of the character in the movie does not correspond with this actress. " “a tall, lean woman in her forties who exudes pride and intelligence. She has sandy hair, a sun-tanned face, and the shocking blue eyes of spice saturation.” Sun-tanned sounds like the actress is white (which Liet-Kynes is in the novel since he's an outsider, not a Fremen) and Chani's uncle (Stilgar) is also white. Hmm. How does that work? is Kynes Stil's sister now?

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

With It Chapter 2 clocking in at 2hr 45 min, I wonder if both of these films will have long runtimes. Short movie or not, this film is probably going to underperform unfortunately, so might as well release the best version of the film possible. As long as it may be.

13 minutes ago, Merkel said:

I don't think that source is particularly credible. Let's see

yeah, the source gives me the pause too. we'll see. I was hoping Kynes wasn't in the movie cause those parts are tough read as is anything with CHOAM. Oh well. 

22 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

With It Chapter 2 clocking in at 2hr 45 min, I wonder if both of these films will have long runtimes. Short movie or not, this film is probably going to underperform unfortunately, so might as well release the best version of the film possible. As long as it may be.

What's It got to do with Dune?

20 minutes ago, Merkel said:

No way, Kynes is essential. And don't forget the spice harvesting inspection scene

yeah, that scene is essential cause it shows that Leto cared for people and later that Paul started to care less the more he became obsessed with prescience. Also first good look at Shai Hulud.