CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

7 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Im looking forward to seeing Dune 2021 after watching the miniseries recently, James McAvoy was good.

He was amazing. Also, the actress who played Alia. I've never seen her in anything but that mini but she was great. I love that mini so much (Children of Dune). Also, the score is fantastic. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 3:05 PM, vale900 said:

Ok.

This movie it's just epic. I agree with people comparing it to Lord of the rings. Of course is a different style but it gives you that kind of epic thrill and you want to see  more and more of it.

For what i feel the audience was really captured, in a lot of scene it's like everyone was holding their breath and you could literally feel the tension. I watched it with my 19 years old sister and she loved it too.

I have read a lot of positivetweets fromkids or young audience. I just read one of the most famous italian marvel fan account on twitter (almost 5K followers) and she wrote to watch the movie cause it's an absolute masterpiece and one of the best movie in years

tenor.png

Edited by The GOAT

https://deadline.com/2021/09/dune-opening-weekend-warner-bros-international-box-office-1234838181/

Friday Update: What the House of Atreides lacks in spice, they’re making up for at the foreign box office with sheer American dollars during the pandemic. Deadline has learned that the Legendary-Warner Bros. sci-fi epic has risen to $8.4M through its first two days at the overseas box office from 17 markets. On Thursday alone, Dune collected $4.9M.

Of note for Dune: The ensemble feature gave Russia its best opening day of the year with $1.4M while Italy, hot off the pic’s premiere in Venice where it received a seven-minute standing ovation, earned $500K; the third biggest opening day of the year.

Also going to Warner Bros. coffers is $680K in Germany thanks to Dune, and with previews counts $1.4M.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Eric and the Ten Rings said:

That is so good because if it make success overseas but collapse on US, Villeneuve will have factual proof that HBO Max hurt his movie to argue with WB.

Still i hope for the best everywhere, give it or take 200M OS and around 300M WW would be a great win considering how many people though this could be an ITH colossal failure level.

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

People are forgetting the key fact that those other countries don't have HBO Max.

Here in Denmark we get HBO Max in a month. But they won`t release day and date with theaters like they do in the US for new movies.

”Its an american thing” they said in the press release

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

People are forgetting the key fact that those other countries don't have HBO Max.

Hbo max has killed literally every movie at the box office but Dune and Matrix can be exceptions and still approaching 70-80M the first e 150 the second one. 

If dune makes at least 200 overseas (It's doing better than Bd 2049 e definitely the word of mouth will be better so it can do it. Bd 2049 made 170M) I think this movie will not make less than 300M.

Edited by vale900
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, vale900 said:

Hbo max has killed literally every movie at the box office but Dune and Matrix can be exceptions and still approaching 70-80M the first e 150 the second one. 

If dune makes at least 200 overseas (It's doing better than Bd 2049 e definitely the word of mouth will be better so it can do it. Bd 2049 made 170M) I think this movie will not make less than 300M.

If it gets that, along with good audience WOM to go with the glowing reviews (seems like that's already happening) and assuming Max comes through with say, 4M+ households or better, I think a sequel is locked. This won't just be a financial decision for Legendary and Warner... it's about prestige and finishing the job they started. If they DON'T go with Part 2, then next year's acceptance speeches at the Oscars may be a lot more entertaining than usual.