CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

I will say though I'm surprised none of the reviews mention the sound mixing issues. It was giving me Tenet vibes with how loud the soundtrack and sound design was in the film that it overpowered the dialogue in some cases making it impossible or hard to understand. I already read the books though so I at least knew where the plot was going but I'm extremely curious to hear non-book reader perspectives. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I will say though I'm surprised none of the reviews mention the sound mixing issues. It was giving me Tenet vibes with how loud the soundtrack and sound design was in the film that it overpowered the dialogue in some cases making it impossible or hard to understand. I already read the books though so I at least knew where the plot was going but I'm extremely curious to hear non-book reader perspectives. 

Maybe it was a specific theater thing? Is weird indeed that nobody talk about this, everytime something like this happen, people really complain about it.

Watched Doctor Sleep on Netflix last night. Rebecca Ferguson is so damn likable as the villain, it's just a great well-rounded performance that elevated otherwise very ridiculous character. Rose the Hat is this shining vampire of sorts, who sucks the shining out of gifted children which kills them and that gives her and her coven called The Knot prolonged youth and life...as trailer trash! Yep, these guys spend decades living like trailer trash basically just nomadically moving around from shining snack to shining snack. So very unintentionally hilarious and stupid but she managed to make her character totally believable and somehow likable despite doing atrocious things. I couldn't stand the OP girl but Rose the Hat had me root for her ha ha. Anyway, RF is really talented. 

Based on OS numbers, this would have been massive without pandemic crap. It had impressive opening and now impressive legs. 

24 minutes ago, Dear Eric Hansen said:

Timothee?

I thought he was very good. The role is seemingly very challenging, because his character is quite unemotional at the surface, but he never felt stale or lifeless. I never saw the actor and always the character, which is exactly how it should be imo.

• Thanks 1