CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

The question ha snever been if Dune would be good, it's if Dune has wide enough box office appeal that it'll make bank, which I've always highly doubted.

This will be this year's Blade Runner 2049.

I don't think it will be.  The awareness is much better and the reach and appeal of the movie is vastly wider.  The 2 younger leads and global appeal have so much more going for it over Blade Runner 2049, and I absolutely love that movie.  

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I don't think it will be.  The awareness is much better and the reach and appeal of the movie is vastly wider.  The 2 younger leads and global appeal have so much more going for it over Blade Runner 2049, and I absolutely love that movie.  

who are "2 younger leads"? You surely don't mean that Zendaya is one cause she is not. Her character is barely in the movie. That's not a spoiler.  Chalamet is the lead. Ferguson is very close to lead not just going by her screentime but also importance to the plot (the story wouldn't exist without choices she made). This is also confirmed by the script and test screening. 

Just now, Last Man Standing said:

Sure, but the marketing doesn't know that.😁

Ha ha, oh but they do. They want Twilight crowd so to speak. Young people who want romantic content. I'm just saying it isn't Bella and Edward type of situation where there are 2 leads but a male lead with a love interest who isn't in the movie much. 

15 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

who are "2 younger leads"? You surely don't mean that Zendaya is one cause she is not. Her character is barely in the movie. That's not a spoiler.  Chalamet is the lead. Ferguson is very close to lead not just going by her screentime but also importance to the plot (the story wouldn't exist without choices she made). This is also confirmed by the script and test screening. 

Sorry, 2 younger actors, one is a lead the other is key in marketing.  

They give it a distinct advantage to appeal wider than Blade Runner 2049 ever could.  

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Sorry, 2 younger actors, one is a lead the other is key in marketing.  

They give it a distinct advantage to appeal wider than Blade Runner 2049 ever could.  

true though the source has a lot of fans too. And they are also promoting Momoa a lot since he's super recognizable and popular with women. This could have LOTR effect on female audience - handsome men for every age group ha ha that worked very well for Middle Earth heroes. And lets not forget the Aqua Moms. :)

29 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Spoiler

The movie also ends with Fergurson character having the showiest scene in this movie. So I guess she is pretty important.

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:
  Hide contents

The movie also ends with Fergurson character having the showiest scene in this movie. So I guess she is pretty important.

Based on the book and test screening leaks, order of importance and screentime:

Paul (the lead) and Jessica (secondary lead)

Leto

Everyone else is in and out of their story at various times.

I'm very curious to see how they visually presented Jessica's Spice Agony. 

Oh for sure, but if they're huge fans then for them it wasn't just 10 minutes, but 10 minutes+years of buildup. I'm not sure their reactions are THAT useful as a guage for the GAs feelings for this movie, but I think it's impressive that Denis managed to somehow exceed the expectation of the most hardcore fans.

1 hour ago, Last Man Standing said:

This guy is verified and a filmmaker apparently, if that is true it's pretty huge.

I thought studio are trying to avoid "Part 1" in the title? That could give out the hint that this is skippable entry

4 hours ago, Elessar said:

The reactions make me giddy with excitement. :ohmygod:

Apparently its runtime is 2 hours 35 minutes. Suitably epic. ;)

.Drag it into a trilogy!   

36 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I feel like this could be a pretty good contender for score. Zimmer's score here seems like his most interesting non-Nolan work in two decades (seems reminiscent of Arrival's score).

I just hope it doesn't overpower the movie itself. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

This guy is verified and a filmmaker apparently, if that is true it's pretty huge.

Well, movies can be in pre-production without being really greenlit, can't they? Or at least there's no guarantee the studio doesn't bail out at some point.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1