CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

6 minutes ago, vale900 said:

No sorry my mistake. I saw a tweet from an AMC account but it wasn't about the Us. I thought Amc was only in the Us. 

No worries. So foreign pre-sales have started. Watch twitter, maybe there will be reports since it opens on Sep 15 and 16 in various countries. 

1 hour ago, vale900 said:

The New york Post 

‘Dune’ review: Sci-fi spectacle will blow your mind

“Star Wars,” “Lord of the Rings” and “Avatar,” bow down to “Dune.”

https://nypost.com/2021/09/11/dune-review-sci-fi-spectacle-will-blow-your-mind/?utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

😅😅

Anyway Amc has opened the pre sales in the US. 

The New York Post

This movie is the first of two planned parts. Please, dear God, make the second one.

Amen!

Edited by Elessar

Dune isn't a movie. That was an experience.

If you ever read the book honestly I feel that Villeneuve nailed it. The movie doesn't go for a straightforward take either. The film translates the feeling that being a hero is a unsettling idea in Dune's universe. Really fits the universe of the brooding way it takes things. Great performances all around and the visuals are astounding. The soundtrack by Hans Zimmer was phenomenal and feels alien. 

If we don't get a Part 2 I'm going to be livid to say the least. As amazing as the film was, it's also a big setup to the important events of the last part of the book. 

Will general audiences like it, especially those who've never read it? I'll be honest my gut tells me it might turn off some.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Dune isn't a movie. That was an experience.

If you ever read the book honestly I feel that Villeneuve nailed it. The movie doesn't go for a straightforward take either. The film translates the feeling that being a hero is a unsettling idea in Dune's universe. Really fits the universe of the brooding way it takes things. Great performances all around and the visuals are astounding. The soundtrack by Hans Zimmer was phenomenal and feels alien. 

If we don't get a Part 2 I'm going to be livid to say the least. As amazing as the film was, it's also a big setup to the important events of the last part of the book. 

Will general audiences like it, especially those who've never read it? I'll be honest my gut tells me it might turn off some.

ok but what about timothee 👀 

I don't know if this movie will be a huge box office hit but it's clear it's gonna be a cult for a large audience. So i mean a sequel will be highly anticipated anyway. It would be a good investiment even for Hbo Max alone. The sequel is like sure, they are just waiting the american release to entice people to go to the theaters. 

How they can measure how many subscribers a single movie bring to HBO Max lol, certainly there are people interested in this movie already signed up for another movie like GxK or something.

The movie that brings most people to the platform was WW84 [because there aren´t many people signed anyway before it], now that they have 50M people or so paying the service is hard to any movie bring much newer subscribers.

But anyway, i suspect this only need to being very watched like TSS and the sequel will be made.

This would've bombed even in normal conditions. It's just too artsy and slow-burn for general audiences to enjoy. I'm frankly shocked Warner and Legendary actually gave Denis such a big budget, especially considering it's just the first half of the book.

Anyone who thinks we're getting Part 2 is hopelessly naive. See you in 2058 when Netflix decides to take a crack at it.

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

This would've bombed even in normal conditions. It's just too artsy and slow-burn for general audiences to enjoy. I'm frankly shocked Warner and Legendary actually gave Denis such a big budget, especially considering it's just the first half of the book.

Anyone who thinks we're getting Part 2 is hopelessly naive. See you in 2058 when Netflix decides to take a crack at it.

the sequel will be announced after the first US weekend

Edited by vale900

To say the filmmakers only cared about money is a very cynical view. The article says they deemed it doing more harm than good delaying it further, maybe there were other factors involved we are not privy to. Maybe Villeneuve got a good deal for greenlighting the sequel. Story might be a little more complex is all i'm saying.

• Like 1