CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

36 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Just checked the IMAX near me and pretty much all showings are packed throughout the weekend. Must have been a late development coz a few days ago that wasn't the case. Maybe a sign it's not as frontloaded...

This is where I'm going in two hours.

In order same showing at 9 PM tonight, friday, saturday and sunday. The last is from the 02.15 PM showing on Sunday. At the same hour today they sold 80 tickets, on Sunday already 300+. So whatever is the total today in Italy Sunday should be bigger I guess. 

E_a9irLWYAkyip7?format=png&name=small

E_a9tgKWQAEZjQ8?format=png&name=smallE_a9l9BX0AUKL8K?format=png&name=small

E_a9ymFWQAY5JE3?format=png&name=small

E_a95bzWQAEEJ32?format=png&name=small

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

if it does 400m WW i really doubt it. because sequels to underperformances do even worse (see Tomb raider, charlie's angels etc)

This needs 250M to get a sequel.

We're still in the middle of a pandemic and with day-and-date release.

Also, Tomb Raider and Charlie's Angels wasn't very well received anyway.

5 hours ago, Eric and the Ten Rings said:

Moderation

Yeah we're not doing this stuff today. Similar subjects to the Denis/Marvel stuff has already been talked about endlessly, will just lead to pointless arguments, and offers little value in terms of conversation. Move along.

20 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

says who? btw was jungle cruise supposed to get a sequel? i just saw its OS numbers are really bad

JC sequel is confirmed, Cruella and Free Guy too. All of them grossed 200-300M.

Since pandemic started Studios are being reasonable, they're not demanding huge numbers to make a sequel because there's nothing normal yet, Warner is following that.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

JC sequel is confirmed, Cruella and Free Guy too. All of them grossed 200-300M.

Since pandemic started Studios are being reasonable, they're not demanding huge numbers to make a sequel because there's nothing normal yet, Warner is following that.

Cruella and Free Guy have to numbers to back up the sequel.

JC is the only wildcard here.

Cruella made 222 M on 100M budget plus marketing. Even if you adds Disney plus you can't say it really made some money.

And i mean a sequel of a disney live action is easily to think it's not gonna grow from the first chapter (maleficient 2, alice 2).

I think this is the decade when we have to change the idea of what a successfull movie is. Now studios will put their movie on their personal streaming services after only like 30-45-60 days, so everything is changing. They want and they need always new fresh material for those services so there are more factors on the game.

An that's particulary true with sequels. Do you know the flop series from traditional tv series netflix has saved so many times cause they already have an audience of some kind.. Well 

Edited by vale900

33 minutes ago, vale900 said:

Cruella made 222 M on 100M budget plus marketing. Even if you adds Disney plus you can't say it really made some money.

And i mean a sequel of a disney live action is easily to think it's not gonna grow from the first chapter (maleficient 2, alice 2).

I think this is the decade when we have to change the idea of what a successfull movie is. Now studios will put their movie on their personal streaming services after only like 30-45-60 days, so everything is changing. They want and they need always new fresh material for those services so there are more factors on the game.

An that's particulary true with sequels. Do you know the flop series from traditional tv series netflix has saved so many times cause they already have an audience of some kind.. Well 

To be fair, is this really a new argument? Home video/TV syndication has provided additional revenue streams beyond the theatrical release for decades now. 

I do find it fascinating how that recent major article about Dune (despite being made for the big screen in mind) that a sequel will depend upon major streaming business on Max. 

11 minutes ago, RRA said:

To be fair, is this really a new argument? Home video/TV syndication has provided additional revenue streams beyond the theatrical release for decades now. 

I do find it fascinating how that recent major article about Dune (despite being made for the big screen in mind) that a sequel will depend upon major streaming business on Max. 

Yes cause you have to put a new movie every week so people will pay you every month 12 dollars and well if you put cruella on Disney plus after 2 months it has a diffent value than when it's 1 year or more old. 

With 100M of subscribers you make 14.400.000.000 dollars every year, with 200 M of subscribers yoy make 28.800.000.000 dollars every year. This is really a huge revolution. Infact Netflix makes 200M budget movies you could  find on theater, years ago a tv movie was just a tv movie. 

Edited by vale900

Ok.

This movie it's just epic. I agree with people comparing it to Lord of the rings. Of course is a different style but it gives you that kind of epic thrill and you want to see  more and more of it.

For what i feel the audience was really captured, in a lot of scene it's like everyone was holding their breath and you could literally feel the tension. I watched it with my 19 years old sister and she loved it too.

I have read a lot of positivetweets fromkids or young audience. I just read one of the most famous italian marvel fan account on twitter (almost 5K followers) and she wrote to watch the movie cause it's an absolute masterpiece and one of the best movie in years

Edited by vale900
  • Like 6
  • Astonished 1