CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

15 hours ago, filmlover said:

I also saw this in true IMAX over the weekend and can't recall the last movie that was a total Big Screen Experience that deserved the overhype as much as this one does. Honestly feel sad for anyone who even thinks about first experiencing this on an iPhone screen.

I could not make it this weekend, but will catch it this weekend.

A friend of mine whom I trust said it was right up there with Lawrence Of Arabia as being a film that if you have not seen it on the big screen, you have not seen it.

Not surprised, since Villenuenva is, like Ridely Scott, a huge David Lean fan, and apparetnly he shot Dune in a couple of the same locations, in Jordan where Lean shot "Lawrence".

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, famicommander said:

Hopefully the Sisterhood prequel series gets to the small screen by late 2022 to keep things relevant.

That would be the best but it seems unlikely. 

No casting has been announced and it would have to start filming by the end of the year or early next year to release late 2022.

First half of 2023 would be the safer bet.

Edited by stephanos13

9 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

That would be the best but it seems unlikely. 

No has been announced and it would have to start filming by the end of the year or early next year to release late 2022.

First half of 2023 would be the safer bet.

Yeah, news has been pretty sparse since they announced the new showrunner in July. But I did see some rumblings on Twitter within the last couple weeks about a writer's room being assembled.

38 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Glad Part 2 is happening. Will make seeing DUne part 1 this weekend a bit more enjoyble.

Agreed.  No matter what I think of it when I see it, happy for you DUNEBros!  It's nice to see major production companies/studios having some faith in a complicated IP for the longer term!  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

THANK GOD FINALLY 

The last months of people insisting this will bomb, mocking everyone expecting a sequel, claiming the numbers aren't good enough (even during the domestic OW) is insufferable. Seeing the sequel being confirmed just 5 days after release is just delicious because it's clearly succesful. 

Very happy for Denis which have a hard time since last year decision, and happy that this time will be theatrical exclusive.

• Like 10

(taken from the Tracking thread to where it's more appropiate)

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

The standards of success were always low enough that a sequel was guaranteed but they're acting like it's made 200 OW or something. Then there's Film Twitter deciding "franchises are great now actually".

It's almost as if "Film Twitter" isn't a monolith. YiBe40t.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Agreed.  No matter what I think of it when I see it, happy for you DUNEBros!  It's nice to see major production companies/studios having some faith in a complicated IP for the longer term!  

I don't think it's big news that Warners hopes to get a long running franchise out of this. THe Maker knows there have been enough "Official" Dune Novels published for a long franchise...though the quality of the novels went off the cliff a long time ago.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

2023 seems like a very quick turnaround. WB has so much already set for that year (Wonka, Shazam, Furiosa) and Barbie shoots early 2022. I wonder if something moves 

I would rather have them take the time and get it right rather then rush it and make a lot of mistakes.

19 minutes ago, Porthos said:

(taken from the Tracking thread to where it's more appropiate)

There are definitely some people I follow who complain a lot about sequels and franchises on principle, but are really excited for this. Kinda feels like the "anti-sequel" thing (for many, I know there are several on this forum who are actually quite consistent on this) is not actually a matter of principle, but people don't just want to say "I'm not into any of the current series/franchises" instead. Everything has to be some grand proclamation. 

That said, I never had any problem with sequels/Part 2/franchises, so I am quite excited for this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

And no one on "film twitter" is asking for 25 Dune sequels and 10 spin-off shows released within the next decade. It's not really the same as the current method of how studios are attempting to develop their franchises.

Edited by lorddemaxus