CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

18 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

it's a reference to my freak out over wells calling REG's character "cat killer". I thought there was actual animal cruelty in the movie and started to freak out here. should have known better. 

It really would do you good to be on the internet less

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

The ppl working on CGI too let too often details slip. Including allowing children/teens to watch it (I know how they do it too) ages before release in the belief a now 10-11 year old can 'shut it' about it.

I have a pupil who always tries to spoil me bcs of that (as he is so over the top happy to have already seen ... e.g. a movie out of the top 10 list of 2018)

He feels so cool he spoils it to his class mates too. I remind him at least twice per year about his TWO relatives can loose their jobs for that, works only for a few months.

please PM me when he spoils something next time. :lol:

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

The ppl working on CGI too let too often details slip. Including allowing children/teens to watch it (I know how they do it too) ages before release in the belief a now 10-11 year old can 'shut it' about it.

I have a pupil who always tries to spoil me bcs of that (as he is so over the top happy to have already seen ... e.g. a movie out of the top 10 list of 2018)

He feels so cool he spoils it to his class mates too. I remind him at least twice per year about his TWO relatives can loose their jobs for that, works only for a few months.

Release patterns overseas might come into effect, I suppose, when it comes to pre-release screenings for cast and crew (or guild screenings for awards). But those tend to be pretty close to release date (whether US or international, whichever comes first).

In terms of movies still in production, unless they're mid-level VFX supervisors or technical directors or such, they're not going to know much beyond what specific shot(s) they're working on. And the folks I know who do work in VFX or post-production tend to be very close-lipped about any sort of details about the movie. Especially while in production -- after release they might drop mention about behind-the-scenes details ("it was totally chaotic, production wasn't giving us good plates", that kind of thing), but even then it's on the QT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

If Timmy C doesn't get roided up, he's gonna be the most unconventional leading man in a $150m+ movie ever?

Hum... who are the challenger, what would count has unconventional for leading man on big budget fantastic/Sci-fi ?

latest?cb=20160407181512

220px-Elijah_Wood_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

tobey-maguire-9542472-1-402.jpg

Sci-Fi/Fantastic tend to be quite open and not just the Chris Pratt/Cooper/Pitt/Affleck/Damon/Denzel very classic leading man type.

Edited by Barnack

49 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

In terms of movies still in production, unless they're mid-level VFX supervisors or technical directors or such, they're not going to know much beyond what specific shot(s) they're working on. And the folks I know who do work in VFX or post-production tend to be very close-lipped about any sort of details about the movie. Especially while in production -- after release they might drop mention about behind-the-scenes details ("it was totally chaotic, production wasn't giving us good plates", that kind of thing), but even then it's on the QT.

Access to the complete movie at least weeks before the world premiere in the one case I did let myself spoil and asked for the circumstances. At least one is not in a low-level position, the other one is, I think, but as it is a relative....

I know it is not typical, but the trust into relatives is not always based on reality.

Seemingly they are tight-lipped to anybody else.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Hum... who are the challenger, what would count has unconventional for leading man on big budget fantastic/Sci-fi ?

latest?cb=20160407181512

220px-Elijah_Wood_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

tobey-maguire-9542472-1-402.jpg

Sci-Fi/Fantastic tend to be quite open and not just the Chris Pratt/Cooper/Pitt/Affleck/Damon/Denzel very classic leading man type.

Tobey was pretty juiced up, so I guess it's between Elijah, Timmy C and Chronicle boy...

1 minute ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

They need to confirm the release date ASAP, I’m betting on any of the following, based on what Warner Bros. has listed on their schedule:

-November 20, 2020

-January 15, 2021

-February 12, 2021

WB dates big movies in January only to move them back. Happened with Live By Night, Blade Runner 2049 and now Doctor Sleep. Feel like Nov. 20 is where it'll end up, since Witches took October