CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Paul Rudd? Whatshisname who plays Salamander or whoever?

Rudd trained for like 8 months for Ant-Boy. Idk what you mean by Salamander

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

albert brooks, patton oswalt, craig t. nelson, ed asner! (for pixar movies but still...)

I should have clarified with live action 😕 

55 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

no coz

giphy-3.gif

Not really unconventional when you have an obligatory Marvel shirtless scene tbh

Just now, Telemachos said:

Are we assuming Chalamet isn't going to train at all?

Salamander:

301?cb=20170112223036

If they start shooting in a few months, he's not realistically gonna put on that much weight without roids, especially since he'll be fresh off that Wes Anderson joint.

Salamander maybe... up there with Valerian and Timmy C, but still don't know who'll come up on top

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

If they start shooting in a few months, he's not realistically gonna put on that much weight without roids, especially since he'll be fresh off that Wes Anderson joint.

Salamander maybe... up there with Valerian and Timmy C, but still don't know who'll come up on top

Depends: Hugh Jackman was cast for X-Men 1 as a replacement, means they already had started to film as he got added (his casting was with the curls for his role 'Curly' in the stage musical Oklahoma in London btw).

They filmed a lot of the clothed scenes early on and the few shirt-less scenes at the end (in comparison he wasn't that build up like in later movies with a real preperation time)

He was nick-named beanpole a few years before starting to film

13 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Are we assuming Chalamet isn't going to train at all?

Salamander:

Not sure what is the debate now because Salamander is a wizard; and just like a Hobbit, he isn't supposed to look like an action movie star. (Also, Redmayne is reportedly very handsome)

To be honest Chalamet seems an unlikely pick for Paul, but I trust Villeneuve. Unlike for some secondary characters, I am sure he was very involved in the casting of the lead actor.

Edited by MrGlass2

I think the reason why all these stars are lining up to act in this is because everyone knows that Denis Villeneuve is a great director, and that it would be the opportunity of a lifetime to work with him even once. I think that's how he's able to get this many stars. And the fact that he's getting this many stars in the first place means that the people behind the scenes are committed to getting this made. That's all I really care about at this stage: getting this made. With modern technology alone, this can be half as good as Star Wars: The Force Awakens and still run circles around the other Dune films.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:36 AM, terrestrial said:

Who is st vincent?

She is a very avant-garde alternative music artist. She's won a grammy once and she's got a strong chance to win again this year. Her music is very eccentric and unique. I suggest listening to two of her older songs, "Birth in Reverse" and "Digital Witnesses", to gain an understanding of her style.

Edited by Slambros

1 hour ago, Slambros said:

She is a very avant-garde alternative music artist. She's won a grammy once and she's got a strong chance to win again this year. Her music is very eccentric and unique. I suggest listening to two of her older songs, "Birth in Reverse" and "Digital Witnesses", to gain an understanding of her style.

Ahh thank you. I tend to hear older than me/myself music 😉 (depends a lot on what I do whilst hearing if I work, do DIY or... at the same time, I do hear more actual music too, but than usually not a 'distracting' music, I want to keep my fingers, avoid :stretcher: )

Since my son was maybe 16 or so we only hear news in the radio whilst driving (to start the radio it the first thing he does after entering the car) since then I miss a lot of new(ish) artists/work. So e.g. Björk's '90 music is still the more actual of the ~ modern/special (how to formulate that...) music I am aware of. At the actual work is no radio connection per antenna for reasons, so there I hear mostly audio books, if doing manual work. Plus I am bad with names anyway....

• Like 1