Jump to content
CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Going to do as well as Blade Runner 2.0 if not less!

NO. As i said, the book is a classic. BR2 was a sequel to a movie that didn't do that good. And it still made 100M. I think DUNE can do 200M, at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people are over analyzing a generic first look still.  Given the Planet is Caladan, the aesthetic seems correct to me.

 

It’s possible Villeneuve could go full grey on the movie, which wouldn’t be a good choice imo.  But I don’t think this is any evidence on whether or not he does do this.

 

First look stills, way in advance of release, are for going “Neat” and forgetting about until you get a trailer.  There’s really no indication of quality you could glean from this single picture one way or another,imo.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Given the Planet is Caladan, the aesthetic seems correct to me.

Yeah, I don't get the dreary complaints since this isn't even the main setting for the film

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I think people are over analyzing a generic first look still.  Given the Planet is Caladan, the aesthetic seems correct to me.

 

It’s possible Villeneuve could go full grey on the movie, which wouldn’t be a good choice imo.  But I don’t think this is any evidence on whether or not he does do this.

 

First look stills, way in advance of release, are for going “Neat” and forgetting about until you get a trailer.  There’s really no indication of quality you could glean from this single picture one way or another,imo.

True, but i think they should have came out with a bang and released something more exciting.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

im assuming a trailer release soon but who knows. I would really like to know WB's plans for the rest of the year. They seem like the most optimistic studio. 

Edited by babz06
Link to post
Share on other sites

With most theaters closed, possibly for the year, it's not too late to recast Paul.:jeb!:

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

im assuming a trailer release soon but who knows. I would really like to know WB's plans for the rest of the year.

Don't think so, releasing a trailer any time soon would be pointless.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, babz06 said:

im assuming a trailer release soon but who knows. I would really like to know WB's plans for the rest of the year. They seem like the most optimistic studio. 

Everything is up in the air at this point 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

woof, did this movie kick someone's puppy cause so many people have it for it? First that ridiculous campaign to put Eternals in its slot and now whining over a grey-lit image of a planet that's supposed to be grey-ish. I'd really like to know and please no but but BR2049 flopped. 

Edited by Valonqar
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.